• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    This looks like alot of fun in a small package... Who agrees?

Add it to the Handgun Roster!!!

tbmcdermott1

Mar 26, 2018
    Baltimore
    I emailed Extar about information so I can get it on the roster and this is their reply.

Dear Tom,

We have had several Maryland residents contact us regarding this issue, and we are happy to report that Tyler Firearms is already in the process of applying to the Maryland Board.

Here is their contact information, if you would like to follow-up with them.

Chuck Spafford

Tyler Firearms, LLC. / ARIMUS Firearms Training

Tel: 410-921-6393

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I'd be interested in the extar mainly for its bufferless AR format. A folding stock could be added and fired from folded position if needed.

Wish funds permitted more of such things.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'd be interested in the extar mainly for its bufferless AR format. A folding stock could be added and fired from folded position if needed.

You mean "folding brace" of course.

I'm not big on polymer AR lowers. Their track record is spotty at best. But if they can prove they've got it figured out, I'd be all over it.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Actually I'd be interested in a full size carbine/rifle format. So stock.

But I get where you're coming from. ;)

You mean "folding brace" of course.

I'm not big on polymer AR lowers. Their track record is spotty at best. But if they can prove they've got it figured out, I'd be all over it.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg

Greg621

Jan 24, 2017
    Upper Marlboro
    I spoke to someone at Tyler Firearms and I was told that they sent the info on how to apply to get the firearm on the roster to Extar. I followed up with a call to Extar and they told me that an FFL here in MD was supposed to be applying to get it on the roster however they couldn't recall which FFL. Does anyone have any updates or any idea who if anyone is applying to get EP9 added to the roster?

kemar

Mar 16, 2017
    Maryland
    I emailed Extar about information so I can get it on the roster and this is their reply.

Dear Tom,

We have had several Maryland residents contact us regarding this issue, and we are happy to report that Tyler Firearms is already in the process of applying to the Maryland Board.

Here is their contact information, if you would like to follow-up with them.

Chuck Spafford

Tyler Firearms, LLC. / ARIMUS Firearms Training

Tel: 410-921-6393
    I like this firearm as well. I spoke to a representative at Tyler Firearms today and they said they are not attempting to add this to the MD roster. They said Extar was going to move forward with the request.

Greg621

Jan 24, 2017
    Upper Marlboro
    I like this firearm as well. I spoke to a representative at Tyler Firearms today and they said they are not attempting to add this to the MD roster. They said Extar was going to move forward with the request.

The Extar representative that I spoke with stated that they weren't filing to get it added to the roster. They said that an FFL here in MD was going to do it but had no idea which one. I gave up and purchased the FX-9 pistol.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    From the manufacturer, Extar

"Our Extar recoil impulse damping system brings soft recoil to extremely lightweight pistols. This design uses special polymer materials; which mitigate bolt bounce, reduce felt recoil, and increase control."

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Has anyone purchased one of these and how do you feel about it?
    I have one of these. got it last year in July. I have shot a few hundred rounds and so far it is great. recoil: what recoil? feels like a pussycat. I have paid $15 to change the buffer tube retainer from plastic to metal - if you have tools you can build one yourself. The EP9 is made of polymer but so far it feels sturdy. get yourself a glock 33 rd fun stick and you'll be smiling a long time. The only negative I have is elf induced. The side charging handle is not very wide. It seems at some point they were offering a bigger, folding version but now I can't find it anywhere. The issue is that I changed the red dot on my AR with a scope so now I have an expensive Vortex AMG UH1 holographic sight which I decided to put on the EP 9 in place of the cheap $75 Bushnell. The holo sight is very wide and it interferes with pulling the charging handle without scraping your knuckles. So keep that in mind when selecting a red dot - the Bushnell was quite adequate. I mean, talk about overkill, where now I have an optic that is more expensive than the entire gun. :). But if you are looking for a package under $500, you can stay that way if you add a cheap red dot like the Bushnell. You will go slightly over if you add a sling, even a cheaper one around $30.

Lastly - VERY IMPORTANT if you wish to acquire one of these!!! Pay attention: They are always out of stock. Here is the trick. Create an account and log in. Then every night around 6:30 pm start hitting the browser refresh (or just press F5) every few seconds...10 sec or 30 sec. Once you see it in stock, check out right away. don't look at accessories (rails), you can get those later, unless you add them to the cart ahead - you will need these for grips, lights, etc. Don't buy the bag - not a good fit if you add a red dot - especially a bulky one. Now the time they are in stock may have changed, this worked in July 2020. Also, they may not be in stock everyday. So that's that. Good luck and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom