• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I live 10 minutes from the AGC. To my knowledge, it has recently become the only range offering action shooting with steel, shoot and move capability within a 2 hr drive of its location. The range badge pricing is competitive and the executive leadership has changed out to younger more forward thinking folks. No more focus around the high power slow fire or bullseye pistol thought process. There is also a new 5 bay shooting range under construction to support multidiscipline action shooting events. It will be the hottest thing with the most capability in the area. You will have to go to PA, WV or VA to find anything as versatile. Best kept secret in town for now.

I am closer to SLCFSA.

2 rifle ranges, one to 100 yards, the other to 300.

2 pistol ranges to 50 yards, one allows shotgun.

8 action shooting bays.

Archery range.

5 trap houses

Stocked pond you can fish in (license required).

Oh, and it costs $75 per year, total membership.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    I understand your comments. For obvious reasons, the AGC safety rules for individuals has to be more strict or it would be the wild west. If you belong to a club that shoots on the new berm, you will get your money's worth now and later. You can't find a better place with more options so close to a metro. I'd live in in WV but I like people and living in the middle of nowhere is not an option for me. I think there are a lot of members that don't know and understand what is to come. I am the XO for ARPC and am intimately involved with the berm project. It has been and still is a lot of work to transform that area into a 5 bay range. With an all volunteer force and restrictive county laws, we have done the impossible. It only takes one three hour drive to go shooting somewhere for me to realize its not for me. If you want to shoot steel, shoot and move, join ARPC.

trust me i appreciate all of your hard work and everyone who volunteers. i'm also glad that people like you and your club are taking this initiative and really look forward to the future

because i don't think everyone feels the same way...

will likely move to ARPC now that it is the end of the year and your club aligns more with my interests. is it as simple as filling out the application on your site and coming to a meeting?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I am closer to SLCFSA.

2 rifle ranges, one to 100 yards, the other to 300.

2 pistol ranges to 50 yards, one allows shotgun.

8 action shooting bays.

Archery range.

5 trap houses

Stocked pond you can fish in (license required).

Oh, and it costs $75 per year, total membership.

Any action on those action shooting bays? There wasn’t anything on Practiscore under SLCFSA.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have only been there during a couple of events, and they were well attended.

I shot a PA Steel Shoot that had 40+ shooing the morning round.

They are too narrow for USPSA and IDPA stuff. Unfortunately.

Rifle events seem to be well attended. They shoot CMP type matchines, vintage sniper, antique (pre 1900).

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I’m in HarCo and go to SLCFSA. Its about 40-45 minutes for me. It’s slightly longer for me to go to AGC, but I don’t have to belong to a separate club and attend a monthly meeting with SLCFSA.

I go monthly during off hours (weekday mornings). Trying to go twice/month. Though I may have to figure a way to rotate the old H&M in, if I just want to work on pistol fundamentals and can’t (or don’t feel like) drive up to SLCFSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I travel from Laurel to Hap Baker. The drive is hard on my hips and takes 50 to 60 minutes with light traffic but it is what is affordable on my budget. The range is safe, the people are friendly, and the facility has everything most shooters need at each rifle station.
    Range fees are very reasonable, too!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm a member both at Sanners' Lake and 12th Precinct. The former is about 15 minutes, the latter about an hour...but they have a 50 yard pistol range.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My first club was the Monocacy Pistol Club which turned out to be less than a mile from my house when we moved to Frederick. Later when we lived in Hagerstown and I worked in WV I joined Peacemaker. Now I live in WV and its only about 30 minutes from the farm I live on. I can shoot on the farm as well so I setup a steel range out behind my place plus a LR rifle range on another part of the 200 acres.

Now on this subject it depends on whether I was just shooting matches or matches and practice. Including practice I used to go about 45 minutes to 1 hour. For matches alone I might go 2 hours on a regular basis assuming the matches are something I really want to shoot. I still belong to MPC and I still shoot as many as 4 matches of theirs a month, but I seldom practice there except maybe after a match as I can just as easily practice on the farm out behind my house.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I can walk to AGC. Been a member there for about 12 years but I usually go to to my friend's private property two hours away in PA.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Sitting in a fixed position like behind the steering wheel for long periods is hard on my old hips. The closer range, 40 minuets, won’t allow draw-and-shoot. Fifty minutes away is where the range I’m a member is located. For me, under an hour is what I shoot for.

Continental in timonium will allow draw and shoot but you need to qualify under the supervision of the range officer ( and i think be a member). Not so hard. Target at 7 yds, draw two hands, 3 shots, several times. Draw strong hand several times, 3 shots Draw transfer to weak hand several times, 3 shots. All in the black, large silhouette target.
    People there are all nice, and its a good range, though i prefer outside shooting at steel and moving around a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom