• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quotez

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 22, 2020
    Just received am email from the CJIS system... Apparently after i challenged their decision, they recognized their goof up and are saying although I was prohibited when the transaction started they are now able to determine that I am not prohibited at this time.

Also stated that a complete NICS check will be completed at my next attempt to purchase in order to insure there's no more issues. I'm happy but won't trust it until I am on my way home with a new firearm. Thanks for all advice, I never imagined it to be reversed this fast. Ill drop by the intro thread soon as well as update with whatever happens next.

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    Just received am email from the CJIS system... Apparently after i challenged their decision, they recognized their goof up and are saying although I was prohibited when the transaction started they are now able to determine that I am not prohibited at this time.

Also stated that a complete NICS check will be completed at my next attempt to purchase in order to insure there's no more issues. I'm happy but won't trust it until I am on my way home with a new firearm. Thanks for all advice, I never imagined it to be reversed this fast. Ill drop by the intro thread soon as well as update with whatever happens next.

Sounds good, glad it has worked out in your favor.
    I have a couple handgun permits, but Monday I tried to buy a rifle, and they call NCIS or whatever, and could not get approved right away. Says I'm on "delay"

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

next time try and avoid committing perjury, and enabling straw purchases as you admitted doing. By the way the DC MPD can and probalby will prohibit you since they do not merely use nics and plenty of people who pass nics can be disqualified by DC. I am guessing you will still be disqualified, since the crime of lying on the latest 4473, to which you admit, is anew crime and you do not have to have a conviction for it to be denied.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Firstly , the real answer is don't expect answers aka random people on the Internet , even if " we " are probably more knowledgeable and helpful than most . Ask your firearms law knowledgeable attorney . Yeah , it sucks to have to pay $ to a lawyer , but it is what it is .

That said , as a general hypothetical , the old charges would be an area of interest . We get it at the time something may have seemed trivial , and you thought you had put it behind you , and put it out of your mind
    But you ( and/ or your mouthpiece) need to obtain all the records around any arrests , charges , and dispositions . Hypothetically , background checks are generally good about reporting arrests and charges , less so about final disposition . Hypothetically could be a matter of forewarding court records of final disposition , or various steps can be undertaken to restore yourself . But rather than us trotting all possibilities out , get with your lawyer , who will be able to determine what's what .

Welcome !

Stop on by the introductions sub forum , and tell us a little about yourself, and stand by for greetings , and helpful links and resources .

Agree with the bold sentence above. It also applies to medical advice which is sought here often. Not the best or smartest place for it either.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That guy called most people here a RACIST , I wonder if he got his legal issues taken care of with the free legal advice he got ....
    I know, what a jackass the guy was. it is amazing. Most likely he got refused. He admitted perjuring himself on the 4473 twice including within the last few weeks. It doesn't matter what NICS says now, DC refuses plenty of people even if they pass nics, since DC registration criteria is much more stringent, including gun infraction that are misdemeanor and, and infractions for which there has been no conviction.

And then to haul off and call everyone here racist? based on what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom