• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-operation-seven-sentries-20180221-story.html

In announcing more than 500 arrests as part of “Operation Seven Sentries,” Hogan said 259 of the arrests involved some of Baltimore’s “most violent criminals.”

The operation took place from Jan. 16 until Feb. 15 and targeted arresting violent offenders wanted on warrants. US. Marshals narrowed a Baltimore police list of 7,200 open warrants down to 400 offenders with violent histories, officials said.

The effort led to the arrests of 10 people for murder charges, 10 for attempted murder charges, 21 for gun charges, 21 for robbery charges, 76 for assault charges, two for witness intimidation charges and one for a charge of human trafficking.

“In my 51 years in law enforcement, I’ve not seen a governor with the tenacity, true grit and determination to step up and tackle violent crime issues like Gov. Hogan,” [U.S. Marshal for Maryland Johnny Hughes] said.

Too early to say whether will have a long term impact. There are still 6800 people with warrants out there. It also depends on how many stay behind bars permanently. Why we are paying room and board I don't know. Bring back the death penalty.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    BFD. The Baltimore judges will release everyone on personal recognizance and toss them back into the behavioral sink.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Gov can’t control that part but we should at least appreciate him orchestrating this

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Catching them is not the problem, the prosecutors that dismiss the serious hard time crimes and the wrist slapping judges are.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Positive step. But like others have pointed out, real change in the city will only occur if the State’s Attorney stops nolle prossing illegal possession of firearms charges and the judges stop viewing criminals as “victims of crime”

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    BFD. The Baltimore judges will release everyone on personal recognizance and toss them back into the behavioral sink.

Judges arent the only part of the problem equation. You also have states attorney's who refuse to prosecute or plea deal away all but the least severe charges, if they they charge them at all.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I want to know how many of these subsequently get released.

and/or how many are out and about because they were released with little to no bond or released "early" for whatever reason. put, and keep, the violent criminals in jail and see what that does for violent crime before you infringe on the 2a rights of actual law-abiding citizens.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I'd rather see my governor directing the state police to issue wear and carry permits.

I don't give a rats ass about crime in Baltimore

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'd rather see my governor directing the state police to issue wear and carry permits.

I don't give a rats ass about crime in Baltimore

I agree on the first point.
    But, on the second I'll disagree. I will not take my family there. I work there a lot, so I do care.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-operation-seven-sentries-20180221-story.html

Too early to say whether will have a long term impact. There are still 6800 people with warrants out there. . It also depends on how many stay behind bars permanently. Why we are paying room and board I don't know. Bring back the death penalty.

I think the 7,200 warrants doesn’t mean 7,200 separate people. Each of those scumbags had multiple warrants. I’d be curious to see how many of those open warrants just got closed. Either way, still a good day for MD law enforcement. Now we need the courts to do their jobs (I almost made it thru that sentence with a straight face - almost).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom