• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    One thing our side needs to do is to have lots of video cameras. Some with long-range lenses to provide footage from 50 yards away. Ammo for the lawsuit...because there will be one.

:thumbsup: :innocent0

I don't have a long-range lens, but based on the comments here, there will be plenty of good coverage. EL1227 is gonna have his hands full if something actually happens :D

-John

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Just sent Senator Ed Reilly an inquiry regarding this issue:

"Hello Mr. Reilly, I have heard and seen reports of a disturbing MCP action Monday night at the Annapolis State House (actually the sidewalk at Lawyer's Mall.) Two members of the Patriot Picket were arrested under what appear to be false charges. These arrests seem to be in conflict with the Constitution and Bill of Rights, specifically the First Amendment. What do you know about this situation, is there an official investigation in progress? Sincerely, Fred XX"

I'll post any response. I did post my last name, just not posting it here...

Cheers, Fred

Edit: also sent to Gov. Hogan and Lt Gov. Rutherford

Last edited:

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    HERE WE GO:

Thanks to the intensive work of Patriot Picket Video Producer EL1227, we are ready to release the version of our arrest as seen from Deep Lurker’s video coverage from early in the picket.

This footage includes the issuing of arrest threats right up until the time we are in hauled off in cuffs.

I've sent a message out to Tucker Carlson with a brief synopsis and a link to the video.

EL, very well done on this!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yup, and later when I find it I will post up the picture my COPS LIVES MATTER banner that I stood with in Annapolis during the “Black Lives Matter” street shutdowns near the Statehouse.

I think that message is important to keep up with. One of the things the some in the media are going to try to do, I have little doubt, is going to be paint the Patriot Picketers as some kind of fringe group and imply every bad stereotype out there about gun owners in association with them. I think, the public needs to see the message that "we are lawyers, we are doctors, we are mechanics and mail carriers and every other profession, just like you. And we vigorously support law enforcement, just like you. But what happened here was wrong."

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't understand police policy. If it was OK for Rack to ride in the front of the police car, why did he have to be cuffed?

No rules saying someone has to ride in the back. Actually I always preferred it because I had better control and could see their every move if the car didn't have a cage.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Unbelievable. That officer clearly had a bug up his ass from the start. Judging by the way he was acting, someone told him to get out there "and arrest them".
    Also find it odd that he was arresting everyone, yet only arrested Jeff and his brother. Meanwhile the other people (forgive me for the lack of names) that picked up sign and carrying them were left alone. That speaks volumes as to the fact that Jeff and his brother were specifically targeted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bug. He was NERVOUS. I noticed that right away.
    He was nervous because he would have never made that contact or arrest on his own recognizance. Someone ordered him to go down there and do that.
    He didn't know what to do so he just hurried up and did it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He was nervous because he would have never made that contact or arrest on his own recognizance. Someone ordered him to go down there and do that.

That's an interesting perspective. He rushed right from "move" to "I'm arresting you" without allowing anyone to speak at all. Makes sense.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Agreed, perhaps I could've phrased it better.
    There wasn't going to be any talking, he was going to arrest someone, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Yep. I get the exact same feeling. One thing the DGS Police have never been accused of is over-enthusiasm for more work. I get the feeling someone told this guy "damnit you go out there and HANDLE this." And they told him this after consulting with an attorney and coming up with the convoluted crosswalk justification to force them to move.

I suspect the bottom line is some delegates or senators pressured them so much about having to walk by the PP and demanding that "something be done" that they met with an attorney from somewhere in state government and drummed up the whole "public safety" justification. That isn't something the metal detector operators came up with on their own.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    El

Respectfully disagree. Although I think you're partially correct.

When you take the oath and wear the uniform, you....YOU own your decisions and actions. YOU enjoy some discretion (further from "flagpole", more discretion). I get his proximity to the flagpole. I also understand in detail his oath. If he doesn't, shame on him. If things are so Fd up there that he fears for his job, shame in them and if he's worth a hoot, he ought to be shopping his resume. Honor and integrity and patriotic fidelity are out of vogue for many. If you wear the uniform and take the oath, then you buck up and do the right thing. There's something to be said for a man being a man and standing for what is right.

After all, that's the whole thing here. Each man must look inside and find his moral and ethical center. The SGT failed. The reasons why really are not germane to the outcome he publicly produced.

Just one fella's opinion.

We're saying the same thing, except that WE shouldn't focus our ire on the Police because they ultimately didn't issue the 'orders'. Use B'More City's room to destroy riots as a larger example. Who gave that order and who obeyed ?

The powers that be will gladly sacrifice the Sgt or the Chief if it served their purpose of silencing our dissent. We're definitely under someone's skin, and it's NOT anyone in MCP.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Worst arrest I have ever seen in my entire life. I sort of feel sorry for the poor bastard because I am sure he was confused as hell not wanting to do something but feeling he has(ordered) to to do something, and not knowing enough to know that he didn't have to. Damned be to the person(s) who put him up to it.

Also makes me ask, what time was this? And how long were you guys out there before someone decided "something has to be done"? Seems to me, if a law was broken, an arrest should have been made immediately when someone saw the "crime". Not an hour later.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I/We have encountered these officers before they are angry , pushy and unreasonable in a large portion of the contacts . I think they have true disdain for the PP and who we are , pure and simple .

They have pushed me around on more then one occasion and i have just sounded off either here or to my wife about it , never complaining to the "Boss" the chief . If they show me respect i will gladly show them every level of respect .

Some of my negative experiences come from the HPRB building in Crownsville . They start at 90% off the chain to antagonize people they serve .

This is my opinion , and everyone else my see it different . If any member here wants to read my post(s) in HPRB WC section is able to get my story . I respect others had no issue(s) and that is fine . They just don't know how to talk to people .

Did i mention i would put my arse on the line for any officer including them if they were in trouble or needed help . Right is Right - Wrong is Wrong .

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I/We have encountered these officers before they are angry , pushy and unreasonable in a large portion of the contacts . I think they have true disdain for the PP and who we are , pure and simple .

They have pushed me around on more then one occasion and i have just sounded off either here or to my wife about , never complaining to the "Boss" the chief . If they show me respect i will gladly show them every level of respect .

Some of my negative experiences come from the HPRB building in Crownsville . They start at 90% off the chain to antagonize people they serve .

This is my opinion , and everyone else my see it different . If any member here wants to read my post(s) in HPRB WC section is able to get my story . I respect others had no issue(s) and that is fine . They just don't know how to talk to people .

Did i mention i would put my arse on the line for any officer including them if they were in trouble or needed help . Right is Right - Wrong is Wrong .

Sorry to hear this. I've only been to a couple of PP events, but mostly the officers were just there to keep the peace.

I know with my balance when standing or walking being what it is these days, a good shove and I'm going to the ground hard.

-John

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Glad you brought this up.

It takes some time to dig the iPhone out of your pocket to activate the video app and then get it up and running after you have spotted the officer making his approach.

We were fortunate to capture what we did.

Rack:

Sounds like we need to outfit you guys with some sort of action cam going forward that is always running. I'm sure we could get a collection going for one. I'm in for the first $20.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Rack:

Sounds like we need to outfit you guys with some sort of action cam going forward that is always running. I'm sure we could get a collection going for one. I'm in for the first $20.

I'll go $20. What's a Go-Pro run?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom