• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    On a whim, I stopped at a local shop and picked up a stripped AR lower. Anderson has a special edition one, it has an engraved Pentagon with 9/11, similar to the Virginia Fight Terrorism plate. Yes, I checked it against a couple of other brands of lowers prior to purchase. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting this deal from PSA http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...n=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=Saturday+12/23 to finish it. But, I'd like an optic, and I'm trying to figure out which deal to get. The Vortex Strikefire II with 10 PMAGs http://palmettostatearmory.com/vort...n=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=Saturday+12/23 or the Vortex Sparc with 10 PMAGs http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-ten-magpul-pmag-30-magazines.html ? This is going in the trunk of my car.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The Strikefire II might have a wider FOV than the Sparc, but I love my Sparc.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    My SPARC 2 has taking a hell of a beating in the last 3 years I've had it, no issues. Just dents in the aluminum...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I have both, the Sparc is smaller and less likely to snag on something in the trunk. A little lighter too. Strikefire II is my favorite AR site by only a little over the Sparc. I don’t have a “trunk gun” but I feel like I’d prefer the Sparc over the Strikefire if I did. Strangely enough the Eotech comes in 3rd as far as my AR’s go, but way out in front #1 on my SCAR 16 (think the height just works better ergonomically for me on that weapon).

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    They're out of the Sparcs, so Strikefire it is. The Strikefire II is normally $179, so for $10 for 10 PMAGs is a really good deal. After all is said and done, I have a complete AR with optic and 10 magazines for less than $700. Who would have thought that would be back in September, 2016?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So, 13 days after I ordered the parts from PSA, they have arrived. Two separate boxes. One box with the 10 PMAGs and optic, the other had the upper, sights, and the LPK. I'm going to say this, the PSA LPK is awesome. They bag the small parts in separate groups, so the springs are in with the parts they need to be installed with. They include extra detents and springs. Everything went together pretty easy. I think CMMG is the only other LPK that I got that was bagged like this. The only complaint I have is that the Magpul trigger guard comes with a tiny screw and they don't include the Allen key for it. The upper uses a Government profile barrel, and low profile gas block. The Strikefire II came with one battery, and a forward mount. The Magpul MBUS sights went on with some persuasion. I popped them up and sighted in the optic. I'm going to the range today, so I'll see if everything works. I'll post pics when I come back from the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom