• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    Quite the the intro. Welcome. Thank you for your service and I wish your son a safe and fruitful career.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Welcome from Marriottsville.

If you post and then stop, you go into the "missing members" thread in the water cooler, and then people start sending you messages, calling the house if they know you, etc. ;)

Just post and be happy. We don't bite. Much.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Hey, folks.

Still trying to figure out the "reply" thing...I seem to get it about 50% of the time...

My last attempt, a long missive that was a miserable failure that went off somewhere into the virtual miasma, thanked several
    of you for some big time laughs!

I also answered the question about why did I buy an AR15 platform now after so many years?

I got a bit serious in that response, so maybe it is just as well it went off to
    an alternate universe.

Suffice it to say I do not think we will see
    the zombie apocalypse anytime soon, nor
    do I expect a SHTF scenario in the near future, God willing. And, while in a former
    life, it was my job to go after certain bad guys, I am now too old and round to do that stuff anymore. As to home defense, I dunno...at this point, I am more comfortable with a handgun - guess it is
    more about what I was trained on the
    most.

Serious Discussion Alert!!! (Could not help
    myself...)

I do take the preamble to the Declaration of
    Independence seriously. Especially that second paragraph...which I think is not just an explanation for the actions of 1775/76, but is also the passing along if a responsibility we all hold...today...in fact, at the risk of stating the obvious to the kind of group that really gets it, the derivative Second Amendment to the Constitution I think imparts to us not just a right, but a duty within the context of the Declaration's preamble. As with many of you, I took the oath - twice.

I still stand in total awe of both documents, and of the minds that formed them, and the commitment it took to do so - and, of you and others, like my dear dad, who have done so much, sacrificed so much, so that
    we can be having this discussion.

Anyhow, guys, thank you for a fine welcome!!! Will try not to hang out at the water cooler, but I cannot guarantee that new rifle won't multiply in the closet, the safe, the car...hey, it's only money. The mortgage and car payments can wait!!

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome. My parents moved to Calvert County a few years before I was born. Our house was less than 500' from the bay. Lived there all my life before and after college until I got married. Best county in MD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom