• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I was outbid at the last minute by a NR bidder and the item is back online only after two days. It makes me awfully suspicious to the point if shill bidding was involved, but at the same time, I’m glad that I didn’t get played like a fool.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/692425922

I mainly use GunBroker to buy used firearms and there are definitely some good deals, if you look hard enough (misplaced ad category) or lucky ( auctions that end on mid day afternoon or wee hours in the morning).

But I guess in this case, you also have to be lucky with an honest Seller who will honor the terms & conditions of the auction.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I see what you mean. Is would think negative feedback would be left for a non rated buyer that doesn't complete a sale.
    The question is how much is the item worth to you? If you bid again and the same thing happens you might want to notify gunbroker. Have you seen this pattern on any other auctions by this seller?

Appears the seller has three $00.01 auctions. Watch those for the pattern.

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, now you know what the reserve is anyway... since it was a reserve auction I doubt it was a shill.
    Seller might have had more than one of these, or the NR guy was just a dick messing with the system. It happens.
    Long-time seller with great feedback, probably not a conspiracy to gyp you out of $20 or so :)

that's my opinion anyway.

Jul 1, 2012
    I see what you mean. Is would think negative feedback would be left for a non rated buyer that doesn't complete a sale...

It just ended, a lot of sellers (and buyers) don't do the feedback thing right away - if at all. He'll need to do negative feedback to get his final value fee back though.

tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    Selling on GunBroker

I was outbid at the last minute by a NR bidder and the item is back online only after two days. It makes me awfully suspicious to the point if shill bidding was involved, but at the same time, I’m glad that I didn’t get played like a fool.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/692425922

I mainly use GunBroker to buy used firearms and there are definitely some good deals, if you look hard enough (misplaced ad category) or lucky ( auctions that end on mid day afternoon or wee hours in the morning).

But I guess in this case, you also have to be lucky with an honest Seller who will honor the terms & conditions of the auction.

I've had non-payments for won auctions TWICE. It happens a lot and gun broker is (almost) zero help. If the seller says they want payment or at least correspondence in a certain amount of time and they do not get payment or contacted, they will relist again.

tj

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Seller seems to be a store.

I would guess he has several and is listing them one at a time to avoid low price if he lists 5 at a time.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Funny enough, I have done a lot of business with Ray's when I lived in Dallas. They have a very unique store and some very good gunsmiths as well.

I don't think they would be scamming anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom