• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Built my first 300 upper this spring with a faxon flame fluted 16" barrel. Def not hbar. They didn't have any problems sending it. I didn't have any problems installing it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Built my first 300 upper this spring with a faxon flame fluted 16" barrel. Def not hbar. They didn't have any problems sending it. I didn't have any problems installing it.

Exactly. It is completely legal to buy/ship into Md, non-Hbar uppers and or barrels. There are some companies that won't, but that's their decision, not Md's. People say "you need to have an h-bar 300blk barrel on guns built after 2013 because you can shoot a 5.56 round out of a 300blk barrel". I dare anyone to attempt this intentionally.

You can still buy 5.56/.223 pencil barrels and uppers as long as you use them on pre-banned rifles, pistols, and SBRs. Some vendors choose not to ship here for there own reasons. There is no ban from doing so.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I know that the barrel and muzzle device are different than the colt ar-15. Wouldn't the gas tube on a pistol length gas system also be different than the colt ar-15

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I know that the barrel and muzzle device are different than the colt ar-15. Wouldn't the gas tube on a pistol length gas system also be different than the colt ar-15
    Pistol length is pistol length.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Good luck trying to remove the handguard and barrel nut. I tried on one upper and said it wasn't worth it, because the amount of torque I was going to have to use to break the barrel nut free would have shattered the upper.

Really? Interesting. Chad had told me once that sometimes the builder will torque down the nut just to get the nut lined up for the gas tube and basically ignore the amount of torque used. I guess they are too lazy to do it right some times. That being said, I like getting a barrel nut and hand guard that does not require any timing to get the gas tube to fit.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Really? Interesting. Chad had told me once that sometimes the builder will torque down the nut just to get the nut lined up for the gas tube and basically ignore the amount of torque used. I guess they are too lazy to do it right some times. That being said, I like getting a barrel nut and hand guard that does not require any timing to get the gas tube to fit.
    Yes, really. But Chad is right. On another one, I removed the mounting screws for the hand guard, but the hand guard wouldn't come off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wouldn't buy anything Radical makes. Nothing but stories of garbage on the web

I think the main problem with the barrels is they 'treat' them with the extensions on. That sometimes results in the barrels loosening off the extensions. IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom