• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So what are the restrictions regarding the guns in these competitions? 3 gun sounds like a fun event. Do you have to use a certain pistol, rifle and shotgun?

If you want to compete you need a rifle capable of good accuracy and fast follow up shots as well as high capacity. This pretty much means an Ar or an Aug style rifle with optics of some kind. For pistol any good autoloader will do but it seems to me the high-cap 9mm's were most popular. Autoloading shotguns with the highest capacity also seemed the best choices. For the rifle you need to be able to make quick hits from 25-200 yards so a good 1-4x scope or ACOG seemed most popular.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So you were clean at 200, Congrats and good shooting Russ.
    Practice does pay off.

Man don't tempt me to post the video.:innocent0 Yeah clean from every distance except a few misses offhand at 50 where I was pushing fast. Something like 32 in a row at full speed 8 of which were 200. Shooting fast at 200 is all about rhythm. I was breaking the next shot before they were calling hits. The 60,75,and 100 stations were pretty easy thanks to Apones 4x ACOG. Apone was also clean at 200 when he finally got to flash his rifle skills.

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    Man don't tempt me to post the video.:innocent0 Yeah clean from every distance except a few misses offhand at 50 where I was pushing fast. Something like 32 in a row at full speed 8 of which were 200. Shooting fast at 200 is all about rhythm. I was breaking the next shot before they were calling hits. The 60,75,and 100 stations were pretty easy thanks to Apones 4x ACOG. Apone was also clean at 200 when he finally got to flash his rifle skills.

Well Congratulations to Apone.

I know what you mean about the rhythm shooting, sometimes it seems to others that I shoot fast in F-class, but I just kind of fall into a rhythm. It seems to help with concentration.

gotm4

Apr 25, 2010
    NoVA
    My wife got 30 frames of me from going prone at 200yds, then shooting, then clearing the gun. Our Canon 50D does 6.3 frames per second so I got them in 4.7 seconds. I went one for one on them.

robbgoingproneat200yds.jpg

robbproneat200yds.jpg

robbdoneat200ydprone.jpg

Later,
    Robb (TEAM VA Arms Co)
    We took 3rd even besting the Noveske Shooting Team.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Robb, love the one where you're caught flying thru the air!

See you at Perroni's in a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom