• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    ...This one is mine! I've had it for about a month now, but it just wasn't "photo worthy"!

I finally finished making it the way that I wanted it. As many of you know, the X5 tac doesn't have some of the features of the regular X5's, and I wanted the best of both worlds. I've seen a couple of other people on other boards set it up the way that I wanted it, so I went about scrounging around the 'Net for parts. Here's what I came up with...

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

X5 parts are difficult to find - and NOT cheap! Most of them have to be imported from Germany. I wound up getting the X5 Jet Funnel, X5 magazine extensions, Karl Nill wooden X5 grips, and 6 Mec-Gar 17 round magazines. The mag extensions bump the capacity up to 19 rounds. Finally, I had Truglo TFO's installed in order to have the benefits of night sights and fiber optics. All of the parts (except the sights) are original Sig spec, so everything fits and functions perfectly.

HUGE thanks to my man over at Midcounty Gun Shop for helping to make this pistol possible. Mike at Midcounty goes out of his way to find crazy stuff for me - much appreciated, man!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I don't care what other people would say. That X-5 is freakin SWEEEEETTTT!!!!!

I'm picking mine up from the dealer next week. I only have one mag but that will have to do for now. I may take out the jet funnel to be able to use standard P226 mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom