Carroll County MD Shooters - AR build Event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Okies-

Ripper157, RussD and myself are sponsoring this one. Lots of folks at our recent shoot/meets have been inquiring about what it takes to build a quality AR - an AR that can handle carbine courses, as well as SHTF scenarios. Well, we're going to show you! We're going to eat/drink a lot while doing so.

Ripper offered to host this one - I don't know how many he can host, but I think it's reasonable to take the first 20 or so that reply here. It will be hosted at Ripper's shop in E-burg. Everyone on mdshooters.com is welcome - first 20 have priority. If for some reason Ripper can't host it, we'll get an alternate location.

Plan on BYOB, and we'll arrange for a BBQ grill. Bring your stripped lowers, LPK's, custom triggers, uppers, upper assemblies, and some meat to grill! Dogs, burgers, chicken, etc. I'll also be making a post in the "Rifles" section on what I think are some good parts to take a look at - please - let's not let the post degrade into an ar15.com type pissing match. Colt makes good stuff, but we're talking about building our own here.

Everyone is welcome. We'd love to meet other members! CC folks are just incredibly social. Also - if you have some expertise in what we're doing, we'd love to have you.

How does Sept. 26th sound? Saturday night - and over a month away for everyone to get their parts together.

:party29:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm planning on using your lower to show everyone. I'll get your parts in. Call me and I'll set you up to order them.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Anyone interested. Fullton Armory has a sale right now on a LPK minus trigger assembly for those of you going for good trigger. For 30$. Sale ends tonight

http://www.fulton-armory.com/ Go to thr 556 223 bar on the right and then lower parts. you'll see the LPK minus trigger for 35$. There is a 15% off sale today.

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    I may not have all the parts I need in time to assemble an upper, but would still like to come if there's room. Maybe I could man the grill or something?

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    Everything sounds good for Saturday, we will have to wait till after 5 to start because we can't get in the way of my guys and we don't close till 5. The only other thing that is questionable to me is the drinking. I know a few of you and don’t have an issue with those who I have met, but having some liability to it being my building and not necessarily knowing everyone, I would definitely feel more comfortable without it. If this is a deal breaker for some why don’t we move to Sunday, build earlier in the day then go to Piney Run and cook out and eat in the afternoon. Maybe throw some shoes too! Let me know what you guys think.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    I hear ya, Ripper. Only issue I have is - September is FOOTBALL SEASON. On Sunday, I gotta be in front of the TV! The liability can be a concern. , though. I'd say, let's nix the beer and go to BWB or somewhere else close by after we're done building.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I hear ya, Ripper. Only issue I have is - September is FOOTBALL SEASON. On Sunday, I gotta be in front of the TV! The liability can be a concern. , though. I'd say, let's nix the beer and go to BWB or somewhere else close by after we're done building.

Sounds good to me.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009

Russ only drinks wine coolers anyways... :lol2:

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Dagnabit!

I gotta work that weekend:mad54:

Once I sell my Glock to get my parts, I may have to arrange for a
    "private meeting" to get my build going:innocent0

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    Yeah, I saw you posted your Glock for sale. I was trying to save for parts to complete an upper, but now I may have to re-evalute my prioritys.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    well I'm in of course. Hopefully I'll have all my parts by then. I'm ok with holding off on the drinks until afterwards. We can do BWB or Serra bros. either one is fine. I can prep some food if we still want to grill, I just need a head count.

j

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Wine coolers huh? Sorry but they don't cut the heat from the super hot wings none of you were man enough to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom