• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    At what point should our patience run out & we file a class action lawsuit?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I called today. Office was more less closed. Officers redeployed so others could go to a funeral.

And lady tells me my Oct app was released in January and that's all she knows. Since I haven't received a letter, she asked me to call back.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    They have 180 days to do this if they send you a notice, which they have started to do

That's 6 months, I'm beginning my 5th month with no notice. Any longer I might have to look into renewing without getting the initial permit. :sad20:

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I called this morning spoke with Officer Mills about the timeframe for completing training. I asked if the 45 day period for meeting the training requirement was calendar days or business days. Since the 90 day permit processing time is being based on business days, I was assuming the training window would follow the same policy. He put me on hold and had to check, he returned and said the 45 days are calendar days.

The letter also states that I have 45 days from receipt of the notice, and I asked if the clock started on the date I read the letter or the date on the letter itself. He said the 45 day window starts from receiving the letter, which could be a couple days after the dated letter. I mentioned that its not a real specific start date to track on. He said if I was going to possibly need more than 45 days I should call and let them know the situation and the schedule to get the training done.

Got mine today!

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Applied 1 Dec 2017
    Issued 14 April 2018
    Non resident. Had my training completed beforehand. They even issued my weapon registration card.
    4 1/2 months wait. I had called several times for status.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Applied 1 Dec 2017
    Issued 14 April 2018
    Non resident. Had my training completed beforehand. They even issued my weapon registration card.
    4 1/2 months wait. I had called several times for status.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

Well I hope I'm soon then. I applied the 17th of December

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Still waiting since October. I called again and they were surprised when I said October.
    After a few minutes, they told me it was waiting for a few signatures. Sounds like a run around.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Just obtained my own today. Non-resident and applied the first week of January, took about 3 months and 3 weeks.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Just obtained my own today. Non-resident and applied the first week of January, took about 3 months and 3 weeks.

Who the hell did you have to fellate? :)

Kidding aside, that seems to be unheard of. Those of us who applied in Nov. and Dec. are still waiting. We received those b/s "we need an additional 90 days" letters.

Congrats, but wtf?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Mine came in today's mail. Three months and 3 days. Turned in the app in person Jan 29th. I never would have believed that I'd have a DC permit, especially when I don't qualify for one in my home state. It's kind of anticlimactic... honestly I really don't give a sh!t one way or the other. Can't imagine a good reason to go through DC, other than the 1 or 2 times a year I used to drive over to the Chantilly show, and now that the admission is $16, there's even less of a reason to go there. Still, it'll be nice to have the option if a reason ever comes up.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    And I guess it kind of balances out the disappointment of having PA no longer honor the NH non-res permit... THAT was a waste of $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom