• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I just picked this up today. It's still covered in cosmoline and the barrel is still plugged with cardboard in these pictures because I just unboxed it and got it home. The pictures aren't the best but I'll do better when I do an in-depth look at it. It seems to be pretty well built. Being that it's current issue, I assume it will work; it better as much as I shelled out for it! We'll see. There is a guy at the local range who doesn't like semi-autos and doesn't think they should be allowed at the club. This should get under his skin a little when I show up with a 500 round belt. :rolleyes:

Stout rear sight:

Everything is overbuilt and marked with FN's code:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Remember to mention that 'all you would have to do is to mill off some tab to convert it back to FA'. They myth has to continue.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That's a beauty! !!! :-) hopefully someday I'll add 1 to my collection. A friend has a early 1 and has had no issues with it. I'd say he has over 5000 rds + threw it now. What alot of people don't know is there is a Beretta tie to the 249 ;-)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    According to Battlefield Las Vegas Range, these guns are flawless and they have yet to have a parts breakage on their rental. They run guns HARD there.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As much as I love that, obligatory "what about about a .50 belt feed semi-auto?"

:-D

mmacro

Jul 19, 2016
    Calvert County
    Gas valve

That is the gas valve. Is it where the gas bleeds off from the barrel and is redirected back to operate the gas piston. On a military weapon it is adjustable and controls the rate of automatic fire.

I carried one of these for some time as a SAW gunner at Fort Bragg.

C'mon help me understand what that lower tube is for.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    That thing is awesome.

Oh yea, and tell the pansy you can hear his momma calling him home for his nap.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Out of the box I took several to the range, fired several thousand rounds and had 0 problems. Same goes for the M240. Super guns! I took a few (249's) to the Navy Special Boat guys (they were not using them) and let them try to brake them. No luck. And they shot them HARD! Super gun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom