• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Hey everyone-

Well, my time in Maryland has come to an end. I've finally gotten all of my affairs in order (don't tell the wife ;)) and we are pulling up our tent and moving to Colorado. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I've had a lot of craziness going on over the last year.

MDShooters will always be a 2nd home for me - mainly because I found a group of guys via this forum that I truly consider brothers. Never knew any you before this forum. Now, many of you are the only reason that I regret leaving. We shot matches together, helped each other out in tough spots, and drank WAY too much together (along with other things that should not be divulged on a public forum... Did someone mention a certain stripper AGAIN?!? ) The Carroll County crew of MDS is one hell of a good group of guys. Not gonna make a long list of my crew here - but you all know who you are. I say this with all sincerity - I am going to miss the hell out of all of you. That might be the understatement of the year.

Regardless, I'll be checking in on this forum occasionally. I've got too many good friends that I'm leaving behind, and this is a great way to try to keep track of all of 'em.

Well, that's about it. Enough of the sappy crap. I got a long drive this weekend, and stuff to shoot when I get there. If you ever find yourself near Salida, Colorado or in the Colorado Springs area, shoot me a PM and we'll meet up. I'll be back in MD from time to time as well, so I can see my MDS brothers and for work.

Ciao-

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    COLORADO?! I'm insanely unhealthily jealous! Congrats and enjoy every minute. Thanks for your AR thread, hope you check back from time to time. Hit the breweries and head to Estes Park and get a bison steak a the Stanley.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Cool, you're first mission, if you choose to accept it, is to stop in at Gunsmoke (American Guns) and see if their prices are really that ridiculous. Oh, and say hi to Paige for us.:D

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Sometimes, you meet a person you immediately feel as comfortable with as if you've known him your whole life. You can compare that feeling to that of a good friend, a brother.

You're a great shooter, a great person, a great friend. Distance between us does not diminish my regard and respect.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It's bad enough that I'm gonna miss the hell out of you and your family, but my whole family is going to miss the hell out of you guys. I am coming to visit you guys the first chance I get. Did someone say 600 yard 3-gun matches? Mule deer and antelope? Oh no I'm not jealous at all. Have a safe trip bro and I will see you soon.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    good luck to you. I love me some Colorado :D Spent a year in Colorado springs in the mid 80s, great place and enviroment

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Good luck in your new home.
    Too many of us it would be like hitting the lotto to have the chance to move to a 2A freindly state like Colorado.
    Enjoy your freedoms and the great view and history that state has.
    Keep in touch:)

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    @Russ, KAC-

I'd better see you soon. Make you reservations now - and don't make it a short trip. Bring the fam, and let's do this!

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    @BigCity...

I can't even begin to tell you what you mean to me, bro. Tracy started tearing up over you. Thank you for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom