• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calebh0617

Jan 14, 2019
    Interested in buying the Savage MSR-10 Hunter. Is there anything illegal about it for MD? I know maryland banned the MSR-15, but see nothing about the MSR-10. Only issue i can see is that its shipped with a 20 round mag, but since its off of Buds Gun Shop online, wouldnt it be considered as purchased out of state?

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Interested in buying the Savage MSR-10 Hunter. Is there anything illegal about it for MD? I know maryland banned the MSR-15, but see nothing about the MSR-10. Only issue i can see is that its shipped with a 20 round mag, but since its off of Buds Gun Shop online, wouldnt it be considered as purchased out of state?
    Copy of AR-10 so it would not be banned. Transfer of 20 rd magazine would be illegal. Irrelevant that you bought it online, FFL could not legally transfer the magazine in State.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Calebh0617

Jan 14, 2019
    So is there a solution to this? Would the FFL just keep the magazine or could i just not order it alltogether?

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    So is there a solution to this? Would the FFL just keep the magazine or could i just not order it alltogether?

Either order it and the FFL will handle the mags, or ask the retailer. Some will swap out for 10 rd mags. Others won't ship the magazines at all. Don't know specifically for Bud's.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Welcome to MDS, you may want to introduce yourself. You will not be able to have a 20rd magazine transfered to you unless it has been modified to a compliant status (10rds or less) or you are a LEO. Some FFLs will modify magazines for a fee others will remove the mag from the firearm.

There are several IPs here who can assist you.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If you buy it out of state, the magazine isn't an issue. Or ask your preferred FFL how they'll handle the magazine. It's up to them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bud's will not pull or swap the magazine, from past reports.

So the FFL will end up with it. Some will substitute a 10 round or some will block the mag to 10 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom