• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Drunk lady forces her way past old guy while breaking into his house and gets tagged? Seems fine to me. If she didn’t want to get shot, shouldn’t have tried storming into a strangers house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It seems some folks here seem to think it’s ok for drunken young people to break into your house and I guess your supposed to feed them and put them down for a nap? Or maybe give them all your stuff? Let them rob and rape you and yours??

No, drunken shot bag is already on your property uninvited and then breaks in your house??

The old man should have double tapped her for good measure if for nothing else to show other drunken shitbags what happens when you trespass and do a home invasion

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    It seems some folks here seem to think it’s ok for drunken young people to break into your house and I guess your supposed to feed them and put them down for a nap?
    isn't that what parents of teenagers do every weekend regardless???

I kid, I kid!! :lol2:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It seems some folks here seem to think it’s ok for drunken young people to break into your house and I guess your supposed to feed them and put them down for a nap? Or maybe give them all your stuff? Let them rob and rape you and yours??

No, drunken shot bag is already on your property uninvited and then breaks in your house??

The old man should have double tapped her for good measure if for nothing else to show other drunken shitbags what happens when you trespass and do a home invasion

Seems some people here really like buying their lawyers new BMWs....

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I don't understand the debate here. If you're drunk and force your way into my house, if you do anything besides practically immediately pass out on the couch, you're not walking out on your own two feet... I don't know you, I don't know what you're capable of.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    if he is charged the system is truly broken. I surely hope no charges come from this. Nobody has a reason sober or drunk to force their way into the home of another and expect no repercussions.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Wtf is wrong with some of you folks. Someone entered a home without permission after being denied access by the owner and you want to condemn them using deadly force.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    She is recovering, so he did not use deadly force. Shooting someone in the lower body is not using deadly force. IMHO just enough force was used to defuse the cituation.
    By the way, the 80 year old should become a police instructor and train law enforcement folks in the correct usage of force. :)

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    She is recovering, so he did not use deadly force. Shooting someone in the lower body is not using deadly force. IMHO just enough force was used to defuse the cituation.

Well, you’d be quite alone in that interpretation. Deadly force is any force that causes or has the propensity to cause death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    By the way, the 80 year old should become a police instructor and train law enforcement folks in the correct usage of force. :)

You actually believe that don't you?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv

Must have missed that part on the use of force model training...every 6 months for 12 years straight but what do I know.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Wtf is wrong with some of you folks. Someone entered a home without permission after being denied access by the owner and you want to condemn them using deadly force.

I'm not condemning anyone. I think if someone does that I should be allowed to shoot them and then take a nap. But I live in the real world, IN MARYLAND, and all I'm saying is that, even though someone can legally be shot does not mean that that is a desirable for anyone involved, including the shooter.

I've still not seen any details about how it was that she forced her way in (maybe she just ducked under his arm in the doorway), nor what she did once inside. Also have no idea what kind of shape the homeowner was in. My dad is 80 and could destroy most people on this board. But maybe this guy was walking around with an oxygen tank and two bad knees. To me, those are the determining factors. I'm not talking about legally. I'm talking about whether or not it was "necessary".

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    If he had a gun on him and shot her as she pushed past him, that's a good shot. But if she entered the home and then he went to the basement or second floor and got a gun and returned to shoot her, that's no bueno in my book unless she was threatening his life at the moment he shot. In Maryland he has a duty to retreat and by leaving to get the gun he did retreat. Returning to shoot doesn't seem like a good idea. I can see the state's attorney saying he should have barricaded himself in a room with the gun and called the police, shoot her if she breaks into that room but don't go back into the situation to hunt her down and shoot her.

A lot of it will probably weigh on exactly where he shot her as well. The article says he shot her in the lower body. If she was facing him and only a few feet away that's one thing, it helps show he felt his life was in danger. But if he shot her in the back side from the other end of a long hallway that's probably going to get him into trouble.

Personally I think he had every right to shoot her when she entered his home but unfortunately laws and juries no longer see it that way, especially Maryland.

Right now there isn't enough information in the article to determine if this shot was justified.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    If he had a gun on him and shot her as she pushed past him, that's a good shot. But if she entered the home and then he went to the basement or second floor and got a gun and returned to shoot her, that's no bueno in my book unless she was threatening his life at the moment he shot. In Maryland he has a duty to retreat and by leaving to get the gun he did retreat. Returning to shoot doesn't seem like a good idea. I can see the state's attorney saying he should have barricaded himself in a room with the gun and called the police, shoot her if she breaks into that room but don't go back into the situation to hunt her down and shoot her.

A lot of it will probably weigh on exactly where he shot her as well. The article says he shot her in the lower body. If she was facing him and only a few feet away that's one thing, it helps show he felt his life was in danger. But if he shot her in the back side from the other end of a long hallway that's probably going to get him into trouble.

Personally I think he had every right to shoot her when she entered his home but unfortunately laws and juries no longer see it that way, especially Maryland.

Right now there isn't enough information in the article to determine if this shot was justified.

No Duty to retreat in your home in Maryland... It is a good shoot.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No Duty to retreat in your home in Maryland... It is a good shoot.

Don't you know only trigger happy people stand their ground? No matter how justified, no matter how young, no matter how old, no matter how handicapped, you should NEVER shoot, even it it's 100% legally justified. You should never shoot anyone unless until an attacker actually kills you.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Don't you know only trigger happy people stand their ground? No matter how justified, no matter how young, no matter how old, no matter how handicapped, you should NEVER shoot, even it it's 100% legally justified. You should never shoot anyone unless until an attacker actually kills you.

Are bullets from the grave to humans, like silver bullets are to werewolves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom