• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Got a email to remind me it's that time again , To go get my wallet sucked clean by the Schneider's at Atlantic Guns in wonderful down town Silver Spring .
    But I think I'll pass this year , Don't want to deal with "No Parking" , the crowds and there general hurry up and buy it cuz I've got other fish to fry attitude on that day or any other day for that matter . You can score some deals on used guns that have been dragging around both stores for some time everything else you can get better deals on regulatory else where .

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Got a email to remind me it's that time again , To go get my wallet sucked clean by the Schneider's at Atlantic Guns in wonderful down town Silver Spring .
    But I think I'll pass this year , Don't want to deal with "No Parking" , the crowds and there general hurry up and buy it cuz I've got other fish to fry attitude on that day or any other day for that matter . You can score some deals on used guns that have been dragging around both stores for some time everything else you can get better deals on regulatory else where .

Good deals defined as at or just under MSRP?

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I'll always make a point to check out their annual sales.

They usually have factory reps there. One year they happened to have a S&W rep. on premises. I mentioned to him that I had been waiting for a particular S&W for over a year. My question was when production would start. Two weeks later Steve called me and said he had it in hand! I also like to look at some of the higher end stuff I've seldom or never seen at other shops.

What I hate is the daytime parking in the Silver Spring location. If you want to avoid parking issues go on one of the days they're open evenings; parking's a breeze after rush hour.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just park in the huge garage that's a block or two away. We all need the exercise (I know I do!). I stop in for these some years. Was looking for a deal on a S&W Governor, but nothing too attractive. Was getting ready to leave, and the Smith rep ran over to grab me and said he'd been looking through some trade-ins not yet on display, and found what I was looking for, at a very, very good price (never shot, by the look of things). When things like that happen, you're glad you stopped in.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Just park in the huge garage that's a block or two away. We all need the exercise (I know I do!). I stop in for these some years. Was looking for a deal on a S&W Governor, but nothing too attractive. Was getting ready to leave, and the Smith rep ran over to grab me and said he'd been looking through some trade-ins not yet on display, and found what I was looking for, at a very, very good price (never shot, by the look of things). When things like that happen, you're glad you stopped in.

We all may need a bit more exercise but walking back to your car through Down Town Silver Spring will be a long Gun (in a case of course ) or a box that says RUGER BENELLI is asking for trouble , Handgun you have to go back for later , what fun a second trip

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We all may need a bit more exercise but walking back to your car through Down Town Silver Spring will be a long Gun (in a case of course ) or a box that says RUGER BENELLI is asking for trouble , Handgun you have to go back for later , what fun a second trip

Get creative! :D

I've either gone with a friend or had one of the Atlantic Guns employees stand by the door while I got my car up to their front door. It was a 15 second transfer from the door to my car. Granted, I was in the right lane of traffic for that 15 seconds but there's always been plenty of room for others to go around if someone was behind me.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Get creative! :D

I've either gone with a friend or had one of the Atlantic Guns employees stand by the door while I got my car up to their front door. It was a 15 second transfer from the door to my car. Granted, I was in the right lane of traffic for that 15 seconds but there's always been plenty of room for others to go around if someone was behind me.

Cool , Didn't know they had "Valet services ":D

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Exactly. I've never known the Atlantic guys to be less than understanding about their customers doing a pickup in Silver Spring. Go get your car, and do a drive-through pickup. If you're by a week later to pick up something more hand-sized, there will be more parking right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom