anyone have a small sand blast cabinet??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I have a small project that I'm working on and there is a piece of cast iron I would like to blast, if anyone in the area has a cabinet I can use it would be greatly appreciated! The piece for blasting is about 14" long and 10" wide. I'm in Moco. I have tried a few places but not had much luck with any commercial places due to the smaller size

Thanks!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm too far to make it worth your while. But, I needed a set of wheel hubs blasted when I was back home one time and I went to a body shop and slid one of the guys a 6 pack and he hooked me up.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I'll PM you a friend/old coworkers number. He started an new career and invested a nice mobile blasting setup maybe you two can work something out.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    If you need to, you can build an enclosure with a few tarps and do the sand blasting on your own.

Tractor Supply sells a blaster it has a tube that goes in the sand (dont use regular sand as silica is bad for you) with a hose to the blaster. 20 bucks or so and 8 dollars a bag. Works so much better than my pot blaster

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Thanks for the replies and PMs, I don’t currently have a compressor so making my own is out right now, tried a few powder coating places but they weren’t really interested in just the blasting. I have a few leads to follow up on this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom