• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Stumbled across this video, but this happened a few months ago.

Guy at range accidentally shoots himself in the face. Watch closely. Looks like a hot shell case bounced off the divider and went down the back of his shirt. Then he starts wiggling around, but also turns his body with the gun in his right hand and finger on the trigger. Looks like he was trying to use his right hand to move his shirt collar. During that action he pulls the trigger. The bullet went through his right cheek, through his mouth and exited the left cheek. He is lucky he didn’t but a bullet through his brain or shoot a bystander in the adjacent lane.

https://www.wreg.com/news/video-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-face-at-gun-range/

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    People’s panic levels vary a lot. I’ve had a casing bounce off the over head cover and down my shirt. Yes it burnt like crazy, but I never lost presence of where my muzzle was.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    People’s panic levels vary a lot. I’ve had a casing bounce off the over head cover and down my shirt. Yes it burnt like crazy, but I never lost presence of where my muzzle was.

^^^This.

This is the kind of idiot who puts his hand through a window, then yanks it out, causing all the damage.

He had a big baggy shirt on. All he had to do was straighten up and wiggle the case out.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve had cases land inside if my shirt from my own discharges and adjacent shooters at open ranges like AGC. At a Highpower match, I have no idea how, but one landed on my neck and got stuck inside of my shooting jacket as I was shooting prone. My left hand was wrapped in the sling. You just have to grin and suck it up sometimes.

You know what this lesson taught me, was to be careful when bringing first time shooters. I’ve taken friends to the range with their young children shooting closely supervised. However, it only takes an unexpected surprise like this to cause a young shooter to forget all of the things you just carefully explained and demonstrated.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’ve had cases land inside if my shirt from my own discharges and adjacent shooters at open ranges like AGC. At a Highpower match, I have no idea how, but one landed on my neck and got stuck inside of my shooting jacket as I was shooting prone. My left hand was wrapped in the sling. You just have to grin and suck it up sometimes.

You know what this lesson taught me, was to be careful when bringing first time shooters. I’ve taken friends to the range with their young children shooting closely supervised. However, it only takes an unexpected surprise like this to cause a young shooter to forget all of the things you just carefully explained and demonstrated.

Exactly

I run a commercial hot glue gun most days. I'm pretty much used to the surprise owie.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    [/B]
    Exactly

I run a commercial hot glue gun most days. I'm pretty much used to the surprise owie.

We use the Polygun TC’s at work and yes nothing like a nickel sized blob of 280° lava landing on your hairy kneecap.

2a8758e0f9de74c24486e920cf47269c.jpg

Or maybe you shop uses the Polygun II with full auto assist.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I've had drops of solder land on me before (bare feet and top of thighs). That's not fun either.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We use the Polygun TC’s at work and yes nothing like a nickel sized blob of 280° lava landing on your hairy kneecap.

2a8758e0f9de74c24486e920cf47269c.jpg

Or maybe you shop uses the Polygun II with full auto assist.

I use the Pam(Powerhold) guns.

Is it just me, or do the yellow sticks burn more?

Attachments

• pam.jpg
      pam.jpg
      18.7 KB · Views: 235

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I've had drops of solder land on me before (bare feet and top of thighs). That's not fun either.

I was on a scissor jack soldering in a dropped ceiling about 15ft high and a glob of solder landed on my bicep. I had to let it burn thru cuz it was a critical joint I didnt want to F up. Looks like someone extinguished a cigarette on my tattoo. The ink disappeared.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    For the new shooters, all of the above . Biggest violation I see which is far from the worst , watch your brass and Pick it up ! Unless your shooting 45 or 44 next to me then I will pick up.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Unless you are first man on the left side of the firing line, you're screwed. Many years and being hit with 1,000's of rounds is not an issue for me. A lot has to do with being peppered with SIMS rounds for years too. My only concern now in later years, is wearing glasses. Worry about a casing landing in, bouncing off the inside of the glass and into my eye.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Unless you are first man on the left side of the firing line, you're screwed. Many years and being hit with 1,000's of rounds is not an issue for me. A lot has to do with being peppered with SIMS rounds for years too. My only concern now in later years, is wearing glasses. Worry about a casing landing in, bouncing off the inside of the glass and into my eye.
    Had something similar happen, where the .40 spent brass landed inside my shooting glasses and perched between the inside of the lens and my cheek. That was invigorating! I controlled my reaction. Thankfully it never touched my eye.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Wear a hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom