• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Soon they'll be limited to paper cups. Knives and forks not needed, as all food will be served in a liquified form, suitable for drinking through a straw. A paper straw; they don't work so well for projecting the evil spitball.

Just like in the asylum. Canadians cannot be trusted with implements of solid food consumption.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I went there on a motorcycle trip approx. 7 years ago and took all knives out of my bike before trip . They have been loosing their minds for many years , if left unchecked the snowflakes will want to take us down that path .

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That gives me a sad. The knife mentioned is my EDC and my favorite knife in general. The Skyline features NO spring or assistance in opening.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I wonder if they will be banning these "veterans' knives" next... they are designed to be opened with one hand after all. I guess if they classify jean pockets as a knife opening device, then they can also ban belt loop bump firing in one fell swoop.

1488251076_51_198_2.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Well they have to disarm all the Trump haters before they cross the border to their their newly adopted country. For me? Just another reason to enjoy my own country before ever wanting to head north or south. Perhaps we can charge a re-entry fee and use it to fund the wall?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Dudley Dooright don't fail me now...

...made a couple week pleasure trip to western CA not long ago. Those Rockies are specfrikkintacular. Victoria and Vancouver are gorgeous. The SAN Juans have always been world class natural beauty.

Food and alcohol were more expensive in general than anyplace I've ever been in the world.

Canadians are friendly folk.

Generally speaking, I find they've out Californiaed the Californians. They're just a wee bit more polite about it, eh?

PS. I took my pocket tools. An EDC E2D and a Spyderco I travel with. Torch carries on plane well. Tool two goes in checked luggage. To be fair, I didn't carry it clip out in my pocket. I slid the whole thing down into my pocket during the trip.

PSS. Don't ask how my trip across the Peace Bridge in Niagara Falls went twenty years ago... Got through their questions fine or so I thought. I got pulled over and searched. Way in the back of the Crusher there was one lone bullet left over from a range trip months before. Suffice it to say I got the full meal deal from my friends at the border.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I resent the fact that they appropriated our cheese.... last trip to Niagara Falls, took the family for breakfast and when ordering my omelet, I noticed it came with "Canadian Cheese".... I asked the waitress what that was, and she leans over in a very conspiratorial whisper and says "It's American Cheese, we just call it that". Really? Get your own freakin' cheese you hosers.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The thread title isn't exactly what it appears. Glad I read the article. Crossed in to Canada a few times. Never asked if I had any knives and never searched. I found nothing in the article professing confiscating knives at the border as in driving in. They are referring to an import in to the country.

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has sent shock waves through the knife community after it announced that its interpretation of a ‘prohibited weapon’ had changed to include most everyday folding pocket knives.

The organization points to a November ruling by the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT) which denied an appeal (AP-2017-012) to reclaim an imported shipment of seized Kershaw Skyline knives. The tribunal determined that the knives were outlawed because they could be ‘wrist-flicked’ after minimum manipulation to partially open the blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom