• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    So I was talking to a friend how the 450bushmaster allows use of 45acp projectiles, and he asked if there was a rifle round that uses 9x19 projectiles. I've seen the 38super, 9x23, super cooper, rounds that achieve higher performance pistol rounds, but found nothing on par with the 450BM.

Anyone know of any 9mm rifle wildcats that could be adapted for use in an AR platform?

(My direction and desire is to reuse reloading components as much as possible, if anyone is looking for my motivation. I understand the AR308 can fire projectiles in the same grain weight range as the 9x19, maybe that's the reason none exist?)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    9x39. Russians use it in the VSS Vintorez. I have wood for that round. I may try to get a CMMG radial delayed barrel chambered for this round.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    9x39. Russians use it in the VSS Vintorez. I have wood for that round. I may try to get a CMMG radial delayed barrel chambered for this round.

Looks very promising.. Hopefully they'll start making brass cased rounds and allow reloading 9x19 projectiles

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Isn't there a maximum velocity for 9mm pistol bullets? I thought I read that they'd come apart if you pushed them too far past typical pistol velocities.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo

Having more energy than 300blk a typical AR gas setup is likely a better choice. Very cool that Wolf will be making them. Fingers crossed it gains enough traction to become inexpensive.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Wolf brought out the new 9x39 to the Big 3 East today. I ran several mags through a suppressed pistol and was impressed. Very similar to the recoil and sound of the .300 BO but it was smacking the shit out of the steel plates harder than anything else.

Link to pics below.

https://instagram.com/p/BgoyC4Agp2m/

Now with that said, how about the Spikes Tactical round that hasnt been released yet. Its the 416 Spike. Its built off of a cut down .308 case. This round is so new we were shooting Spikes handloads.

This round is insane. Its hard hitting and almost Hollywood quiet with a can

Attachments

• 8DB9D16D-1B99-486E-8E62-CEDBDA0773F5.jpg
      8DB9D16D-1B99-486E-8E62-CEDBDA0773F5.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 193

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wolf brought out the new 9x39 to the Big 3 East today. I ran several mags through a suppressed pistol and was impressed. Very similar to the recoil and sound of the .300 BO but it was smacking the shit out of the steel plates harder than anything else.

Link to pics below.

https://instagram.com/p/BgoyC4Agp2m/

Now with that said, how about the Spikes Tactical round that hasnt been released yet. Its the 416 Spike. Its built off of a cut down .308 case. This round is so new we were shooting Spikes handloads.

This round is insane. Its hard hitting and almost Hollywood quiet with a can

Damn. I need both of those in my life. Thanks for posting!

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    9x39 is a .362" bullet, not our regular .356" Parrabellum bullet. It's more like a 9mm Mak bullet in a big case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom