• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Surrender property without compensation? That can't be legal.

Yeah, isn't that an issue all to itself?

Most other bans at least allow for grandfather clause in the law.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Yes, the thing about New Germany is they have a law called the Graves Act on the books. It basically makes any violation of NJ firearms laws a mandatory three-year/served-in-full/no parole sentence. The mom from Philadelphia with a PA CCW permit who crossed the bridge and got stopped in NJ and was looking at 3 years is an example. But it can be anything. Buy a BB gun in Pennsylvania and cross back into Jersey with it without doing the required FOID paperwork, three years in the pokey. This is why lawyers of people charged with minor firearms violations up there are always desperate to plead to a "disorderly persons" charge or basically anything but a gun crime.

So how is that working out with actual criminals? You know the corner guy selling weed with a stolen .38 in his pocket. I bet they’re building a bunch of new prisons getting all these people off the street.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    NJ is the perfect example of why we not only need national carry reciprocity, but enhancements to FOPA to cover all possession, not just in the course of “Limited stop” travel. If you own it legally where you live, you should be able to legally transport it and possess it anywhere. Such a law would also need strong civil remedies available for those who are detained illegally.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The POS said he was for the Second Amendment when he was running for national office. He has shown his true colors.

He is a POS, daughter & family lives in South Jersey and despise the fat man. our gov & he are out of the same lib mold. As my granddaddy would say "Fvck them!"

The 1st thing the new gov did was create a new department to support the illegals!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yes, the thing about New Germany is they have a law called the Graves Act on the books. It basically makes any violation of NJ firearms laws a mandatory three-year/served-in-full/no parole sentence. The mom from Philadelphia with a PA CCW permit who crossed the bridge and got stopped in NJ and was looking at 3 years is an example. But it can be anything. Buy a BB gun in Pennsylvania and cross back into Jersey with it without doing the required FOID paperwork, three years in the pokey. This is why lawyers of people charged with minor firearms violations up there are always desperate to plead to a "disorderly persons" charge or basically anything but a gun crime.

In the words of Casey Kasem , "F'n Ponderous Man"!

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The POS said he was for the Second Amendment when he was running for national office. He has shown his true colors.

He was using the D interpretation of 2A, which is that it's a collective right to be exercised by GOV, not an individual right. Whenever you hear D's say generically"I support the 2nd Amendment", that's what they mean. It's a statist/nanny state dog whistle.

Someone who genuinely supports the Founding Fathers' meaning of the 2A says the more specific "I support an individual right to self defense (or to possess firearms, or something similar).

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    This might be a contrarian view, but if we're going to start from the assumption that full-autos should be banned, I don't see it as much of a stretch to ban bump stocks too. The question should be, "Why are full-autos banned or practically banned when government agents 'need' them?"

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    That's nuts. Even NY had to walk back their 7 (?) round restriction to 10, iirc. NJ includes handguns in the attached PDF? No more Colt 1873 six shooters?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If the 2nd Circuit wouldn't uphold the 7 round limit in NY that gives me hope the 3rd Circuit won't uphold the 5 round limit.
    This just makes it more likely NJ will end up at SCOTUS to defend their insane laws.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    The question should be, "Why are full-autos banned or practically banned when government agents 'need' them?"

They are not banned. Under the NFA, it is illegal for any private civilian to own any fully automatic weapons manufactured after May 19, 1986. Only certain types of FFL/SOTs may make them, and then only for purchase by qualified state and federal agencies. It is legal for private civilian's to own pre-1986 machine guns if properly registered.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    They are not banned. Under the NFA, it is illegal for any private civilian to own any fully automatic weapons manufactured after May 19, 1986. Only certain types of FFL/SOTs may make them, and then only for purchase by qualified state and federal agencies. It is legal for private civilian's to own pre-1986 machine guns if properly registered.

This ^^^ Which gives rise to even more insanity when one considers things like Maryland's ban... which makes it illegal for me to buy a semi-automatic version of a Thompson, but perfectly legal for me to buy a fully-automatic version. So that's bloody well what I did. :innocent0

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

I know, that's why I said "practically banned." The supply that is pre-1986 is shrinking and ever rising in price.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It gets better. The legislature is going for a 5 round magazine limit

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A1000/655_I1.PDF

My best friend still lives in New Jersey and he said one of the platforms the new Governor ran on was increased gun control. Looks like he is trying to fulfill one of his campaign promises.

Every once in a while my mother will tiptoe around me moving back home. I told her the only way I would go back there is if I was in a fvckin' pine box to be buried by my grandparents.

Even then, I'd still fight it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom