• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I received an email from GlockStore this morning. They are taking pre-orders for the new "SS80" Polymer80s answer to the G43. Now the question is "who has spare G43 parts to sell" :D

I don't know about anyone else but I would have preferred they made something in .45. I don't really want another 9mm

Last edited:
    I received an email from GlockStore this morning. They are taking pre-orders for the new "SS80" Polymer80s answer to the G43. Now the question is "who has spare G43 parts to sell" :D

I don't know about anyone else but I would have preferred they made something in .45. I don't really want another 9mm

glock store has 43 complete upper for $400. I'm still searching for the LPK. If you plan to buy one of these frames I'd urge you to get the parts ASAP. I've built 7 80% glocks and the prices are going to skyrocket in a few weeks. The G19/23 parts did. EDIT: the lower parts kit including factory trigger is $90 from Glock store

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You do know when you buy a complete glock, that complete Glock serial number is "registered" to you, right?

80% lowers aren't.

I said have the seller keep the frames. You could go to a gun show, pay the full price for the gun, and have the seller keep the frame. There's no paperwork for that.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I said have the seller keep the frames. You could go to a gun show, pay the full price for the gun, and have the seller keep the frame. There's no paperwork for that.
    Maybe I'm not sure what you're calling the frame? That's the serialized part that counts. We're not talking a 320 Sig or 250 where the fire control unit is the "gun".

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Maybe I'm not sure what you're calling the frame? That's the serialized part that counts. We're not talking a 320 Sig or 250 where the fire control unit is the "gun".

I'm saying you should find someone selling a complete Glock 43, disassemble the gun, and buy every single part off of them except for the serialized frame. Basically, you're paying their price on the gun, but they get to keep their frame for free. It's cheaper to do that than to buy take-off parts from a retailer. Used Glock 43s with night sights are $400-450 at most around here. Glockstore sells a take-off slide for $400 alone, without night sights, mags, or lower parts.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm saying you should find someone selling a complete Glock 43, disassemble the gun, and buy every single part off of them except for the serialized frame. Basically, you're paying their price on the gun, but they get to keep their frame for free. It's cheaper to do that than to buy take-off parts from a retailer. Used Glock 43s with night sights are $400-450 at most around here. Glockstore sells a take-off slide for $400 alone, without night sights, mags, or lower parts.

Now I understand.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    glock store has 43 complete upper for $400. I'm still searching for the LPK. If you plan to buy one of these frames I'd urge you to get the parts ASAP. I've built 7 80% glocks and the prices are going to skyrocket in a few weeks. The G19/23 parts did. EDIT: the lower parts kit including factory trigger is $90 from Glock store

I think you're right. Once the frames hit the street the parts are going to go through the roof

Easy enough to buy complete Glocks and have the seller keep the frames.

Not the point in building from 80%..

For me it's a complete and utter refusal to buy permission to purchase a firearm via an HQL. Some people build because they don't want the government in their business (no paper) and for some there is just something satisfying about completing and assembling the gun...(that's my second favorite part)

Yes, generally it cost's more to build from 80%, at least for pistols. But you cannot put a price on the freedom to do so without begging the state for permission..

I think you're right. Once the frames hit the street the parts are going to go through the roof

Without question...and this is NOT a polymer80 product so they aren't going to be putting together complete G43 packages any time soon. They dragged their feet even though many of us who bought the G19/23 frame BEGGED them to release a G43 frame ASAP..they lost a lot of sales by letting another company beat them to this. Hopefully they will get the G20/21 frame out soon..but I am not holding my breath...their Facebook PR guy is kind of arrogant and I don't think they feel the need to push their products out the door...Maybe this will light a fire under their asses..

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Not the point in building from 80%..

For me it's a complete and utter refusal to buy permission to purchase a firearm via an HQL. Some people build because they don't want the government in their business (no paper) and for some there is just something satisfying about completing and assembling the gun...(that's my second favorite part)

Yes, generally it cost's more to build from 80%, at least for pistols. But you cannot put a price on the freedom to do so without begging the state for permission..

You don't need an HQL to buy a parts kit.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    An aftermarket slide company announced making slides for the SS80 G43 interesting timing :)
    What I’m confused about is glocks patent on the G43 this is why Polymer80 was yet to make one. Not sure how SS80 got around that

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    An aftermarket slide company announced making slides for the SS80 G43 interesting timing :)
    What I’m confused about is glocks patent on the G43 this is why Polymer80 was yet to make one. Not sure how SS80 got around that

Do you have link for the slides? Price announced?

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I know you have to be 21 years old to get a HQL and buy a handgun. Do you have to be 21 to buy and build a 80% lower as well? Specifically, would my 19 year old son be able to build a gun for himself from an 80% lower legally?

This might be a fun father/son project...

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Do you have link for the slides? Price announced?

Grey ghost precision I believe, saw a post on FB
    Street price expected to be low $300ish

Attachments

• A8FC9EC1-5411-45C3-B6F2-684FFE54F8D6.jpg
      A8FC9EC1-5411-45C3-B6F2-684FFE54F8D6.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 174

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member