• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Hi, all. Looking for suggestions to replace the Troy PDW stock I'm running on my 300 Blackout SBR. It works fine, but the proprietary bolt is a little limiting because I want to be able to use a 22lr-specific upper from time to time - to say nothing about how cool the latest-gen Fostech Echo trigger is in terms of compatibility with full-auto BCGs.

What are you running? What do you like?

Thanks in advance.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Hi, all. Looking for suggestions to replace the Troy PDW stock I'm running on my 300 Blackout SBR. It works fine, but the proprietary bolt is a little limiting because I want to be able to use a 22lr-specific upper from time to time - to say nothing about how cool the latest-gen Fostech Echo trigger is in terms of compatibility with full-auto BCGs.

What are you running? What do you like?

Thanks in advance.

I have used MVB Industries PDW stock. Works really well and you can use a standard Ar15/M16 bolt with it. They have a proprietary buffer but it comes in different weights and is not too expensive. At lease the last time I looked at it.

Dave

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I run a Troy pdw stock with a binary trigger. The set up works.

I’m followers ng this thread. I looking for a pdw stock that will work with a standard bolt set up. I need one for a spikes brown recluse.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Troy makes another PDW that does not use a proprietary bolt can't remember the model thought. It actually mounts onto a mil spec buffer tube
    Just looked it up it is the Tomahawk model

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'll throw in with SB Tactical PDW brace. I know, you have a stamp. Well, so do I and I still love and use my brace. It uses standard springs and bolts. Matter of fact, I run mine with a .308 Tubb's spring and a 9mm bolt. The tube is a standard carbine length buffer tube.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 315

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Huh . A actual * new thing * snuck up under my radar .

Even though these things all strike me as descendants of the M231 stock. Married with the funky ultra short pistol buffer setups from the early days of modern AR pistol craze ( think Gun Smoke Enterprises ) .

I'm not sure where the OP ( or other inclined personsl is going with this ( but please enlighten me ) . But looking thru the linked article , an application did strike me .

AR with either naked 16in bbl , or 14.3 with pinned device, will get you with 1/2in of OAL of 12.5in SBR , but with no stamp , no Form -20 , fewer gas issuse , more velocity , and longer sight radius for us dinosaur guys .

But still have to figure if it's worth the funky buffer setups, and $$ for 2-3in reduction in OAL .

Of course , if PRM rules didn't apply , I would jump on a Law Tactical Folder with GI adjustable stock .

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I'll throw in with SB Tactical PDW brace. I know, you have a stamp. Well, so do I and I still love and use my brace. It uses standard springs and bolts. Matter of fact, I run mine with a .308 Tubb's spring and a 9mm bolt. The tube is a standard carbine length buffer tube.

+1 I really like my SB PDW Brace. I have one even though I have a separate SBR so that I can shoot barrels shorter than 10.5 inches in the communist nation of Maryland.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Your .22lr upper should not require a buffer or a spring. Just pull them out when you install your .22 upper.

If you want to use the Fostech, that is a different story and all the above suggestions are great.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Excellent suggestions all! Many thanks. I particularly appreciate the link to the Recoil review - I'm going to have to bookmark that.

I am a Maryland resident. The Troy rides on my 300 Blackout SBR. 10.5" barrel with a Saker mount pin/weld gives me juuuuust about 29.00001" OAL. I also have a 300 Blackout pistol with LAW Tactical folder/DOLOS system up front. I'd like to be able to run a dedicated rimfire upper on either one along with the Redi-Mag adapter for 15-22 magazines. (That is, until I build a dedicated 22LR pistol with the PDW brace...)

Glad to see all the love for the SB Tactical PDW brace. I'm building a 9mm pistol (Engage Glock lower) and have a brace on hand for that. Wild to try it.

Perhaps it's just me, but these PDW braces look a little awkward on when paired with 16" barrels, but I can get over myself.

Thanks again, and warm holiday wishes to you and yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom