• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Gotta admit, SiCo is starting to look a lot less stable these days than they have previously. They really need to get some new product out there to get the buzz going again... Maxim 9 Gen2 would be a nice start.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    They screwed themselves when they pulled thier products from Silencershop.

Silencershop has figured out how to sell product after 41F. Silencerco has not.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    Kevin Brittingham (Q) has some interesting comments about Silco in the comments on this IG post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdvsTsqFZ7d/?taken-by=recoilmagazine

kevinbrittingham: I’m no expert, but I’m pretty certain this means they defaulted on large debt and lost the company. They may have been left in place in order to potentially earn some of their old shares back, and probably to stop consumer panic in the short term. Clearly Silencerco is done...Schauble last month, now this... #schaubled

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Not good news at all :-( I bought 1 of there SD suppressors ( still waiting on it to ship it's been a bit over a month ) also picked up Maxim 9 before Christmas. Hope they can turn it around!

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I've got 2 of their suppressors, the Spectre II and the Omega. I like them, I would be bummed if they went away and product support disappeared. I imagine they ramped up production and capacity for Pre 41F demand and have crashed since then. Plus put the fact that many thought that the republicans would pass the hearing protection act and that makes a bad combination for people in the suppressor business.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    All of my suppressors are from them. Hope the company doesn't shit the bed otherwise I'm screwed if I need customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Kevin Brittingham (Q) has some interesting comments about Silco in the comments on this IG post.
    Kevin has a vested interest in badmouthing SiCo, as he runs a competing company. However, to be fair, he may not be wrong - SiCo's recent moves make it look a lot like they're prepping the place for a sale. Layoffs, axing senior management, etc.

Personally, I'm rooting for ATK to buy them. ATK seems to not be the pit of doom that Remington Outdoors is, and ATK could use SiCo in their portfolio.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    SilencerCo not playing with Silencershop is absolutely why I haven't purchased any SilencerCo products. They seem to make good stuff, but Silencershop has great alternatives available. Their method for handling NFA paperwork is amazing.

I am looking forward to other guys doing similar things and creating more competition to drive prices down. Like 2A is doing locally.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    They also posted their last "SiCo Radio" episode today. Not looking good.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    So is now a good time to panic buy and hoard SilencerCo muzzle devices for my Specwar?

That is my go to can for various rifles at the present and in the future.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I ordered a SD can from them about a month ago. My dealer called them ( as they stated about 3 weeks) after about 6 attempts to contact them they talked to a guy who swears he left messages on their answering machine ( they don't have a answering machine ) said they weren't going anywhere, and the can will be shipped in the next few weeks. Soooo we will see !? ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom