• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woody Green

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2018
    Thank you for the welcome. On short notice, I'm hoping to find any
    advice or recommendations the experienced members may have to give.
    I am hoping to attend the Fredrick Gun Show this weekend and possibly
    buy a handgun from a private seller. I have my HQL and started the 77r
    form on the Md State portal. I think I can detect physical gun issues but
    the legal steps after Sunday are new to me.

Woody Green

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2018
    Are you saying that the seller and I need to go to the State Police together?
    Have you paid for a pistol at a gun show and then gone with the seller ? Did
    you pay in advance ? Do I take his info and complete as much as possible on the 77r ?

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Greetings! :wave: Your questions can all be answered by reading the Licensing Portal User's Guide (attached).
    Good Luck!
    BTW...Snallygaster is correct. It will have to go through a MD FFL or the MSP Barracks.

Attachments

• Licensing Portal - User's Guide.pdf
      5 MB · Views: 588
    Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Where do you live?
    Gun shops attending the show will be from various parts of the state.
    Buying your first pistol from a Gun shop is often the best course of action if you are doing this by yourself.
    (is it wrong for me to say buy a Glock?)

Woody Green

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2018
    Great post referral. Another question. After seller and buyer fill out the 77r at the barracks, would I have to go home to retrieve an email
    to get the pin number needed ? Never accessed my email remotely, don't know if my flip phone can.
    Is it customary for all the cash involved to change hands on Sunday, possibly days before we go to the barracks ?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 317

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Thank you for the welcome. On short notice, I'm hoping to find any
    advice or recommendations the experienced members may have to give.
    I am hoping to attend the Fredrick Gun Show this weekend and possibly
    buy a handgun from a private seller. I have my HQL and started the 77r
    form on the Md State portal. I think I can detect physical gun issues but
    the legal steps after Sunday are new to me.

If you fill out the 77R form and click on submit, you will receive an email in less than an hour with your application # and pin #, print it out and take it with you to the show.
    At any gun show in Maryland, 99% of the handguns will be for sale by a FFL dealer, the rest are either working with a dealer or know one they will like to use. Unless the private seller or live/work close to each other, doing the transfer at the MSP barracks will involve meeting with the seller twice, first at the barracks and then again to transfer the handgun after the 7 day BS period. The travel time and fuel cost may make it cheaper to just use an FFL near you.
    Next click on the Industry Partner map link on the left side bar, under site navigation, write down the info for any that are near your home, work or on your commute. Many have their transfer fees listed on their info page, if not it's usually on their website, or just a phone call away. Next as a back up plan, if there aren't any IP's near you or if none of them are at the show, look up on your favorite internet map, any gun shops near you. Write down their information and look up their transfer fees as well.
    I would start looking for their signs as soon as you walk in the door. At the show talk to any dealers that you find, that are located close to you, about doing a transfer. I sure that you will find one that you will feel comfortable with, that is willing to do the transfer for you and the private seller. Most private sellers at gun show will probably rather go through an FFL at the show as they only have to deal with the transfer one time.
    Don't forget that you will need your HQL, unless the hand gun is C&R.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Great post referral. Another question. After seller and buyer fill out the 77r at the barracks, would I have to go home to retrieve an email
    to get the pin number needed ? Never accessed my email remotely, don't know if my flip phone can.
    Is it customary for all the cash involved to change hands on Sunday, possibly days before we go to the barracks ?

You don't start the 77R at the barracks. You need to fill it out at home and provide the seller's info at that time. THEN you and the seller go to the barracks and continue the process. Wait eight days and get your gun. This is explained in detail in the User's Guide under "Secondary Sales"

I just skimmed through 111 pages dizzying to say the least.

Ain't that the truth!!! :)

Woody Green

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2018
    Thanks Guys

Based on your advice, I will likely buy FFL or maybe through the classified
    section of this website. I imagine members have patience with other new
    members interested in buying.
    Now, revolver or semi-auto ? Just kidding, the answer is both.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No - you are not new and you are not legitimate.

You are a professional anti-gun troll, just like we said the last time.

Jump back across the hallway to Brian Frosh's office and tell him that you got your ass spanked again, you miserable POS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 4.48.05 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 4.48.05 AM.png
      1.5 KB · Views: 178

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    What do these swamp creatures think they are going to find , Russian documents they paid for . I find them to be despicable , I knew this guy was a sham .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    What do these swamp creatures think they are going to find , Russian documents they paid for . I find them to be despicable , I knew this guy was a sham .

We did too - it just took until this morning to have time to find out that he was the same sham *******, but running a different sham story.

He's either some poor schlub sniffing around the bung hole of Frosh or some other legislator, or some basement dwelling fedora-wearing blogger looking for some sort of "gotcha", or attempting to disrupt things in the middle of the general assembly session.

They obviously haven't learned after 13 years. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom