• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Candidate Mary Kowalski's "profile" was among the others running for the Carroll County Board of Education published in the Carroll County Times. Here is her profile.

And here is my letter published in the CC Times a few days ago:

***​

As I read Mary Kowalski's candidate profile for the Carroll County Board of Education election in this morning's Times, I was amused by her nonsensical use of scripture as an argument in favor of reinstituting the federal ban on the sales of AR-15 platform firearms. So, we are to understand that Ms. Kowalski believes in God, and in the Second Amendment, two crucial attributes for a candidate for public office in Carroll County. But she would use her position on the Carroll County Board of Education to influence federal firearm laws to ban the most popular and commonly owned civilian firearm platform in the United States. Just how, I'm not sure I understand. Nor do I understand how or why her opinion on the AR-15 is relevant to anything having to do with running a school board, except perhaps to exhibit her ignorance about a subject which she herself brought up. Seems like an unforced error to me, but I do appreciate having one more bit of information about her to use in my decision-making in the voting booth.

Ms. Kowalski sounds to me like yet another typical Maryland politician who wants to tell us what's best for us, and who would legislate on emotion and fear rather than on facts and actual common sense. Careful now, or someone like Ms. Kowalski will advocate banning pencils, scissors, compasses or other dangerous sharp and pointy inanimate objects in school.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Commissioner Richard Rothschild will probably have a few choice words regarding her candidacy.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I was with her on many points but when she went for gun control she lost me. Both on the logic front as well as political, and as the OP said, what the he!! does a Federal AWB have to do with Carrol County School board.

Horrible "plan" she has. Calls out the libs who won't vote for her now and then attacks the right while BSing about supporting the 2A. She's all over the place in a bad way.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I was with her on many points but when she went for gun control she lost me. Both on the logic front as well as political, and as the OP said, what the he!! does a Federal AWB have to do ]I was witwith Carrol County School board.

Horrible "plan" she has. Calls out the libs who won't vote for her now and then attacks the right while BSing about supporting the 2A. She's all over the place in a bad way.

I believe that was just lip serves for most of the voting base in CC. I'm no fan of Guthrie's either.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Her current employment should say “none”. Elementary education and 2 years as an activist ? What does that even mean? Her political experience is running (and losing) last two elections? Go away lady. This County doesn’t need you (or WANT you).

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Plus her website is no longer active.

She was less than 100 votes from finishing last in the 2016 primary against someone who withdrew from the election and finished dead last in the general election, just over 12 points behind the lowest vote winner. 2014 was an even bigger embarrassment.

Feb 3, 2013
    Who will protect 2A?

Gentlemen and Ladies... There are a couple of noteworthy candidates running that WILL DEFINITELY STAND & DEFEND 2A. Those candidates include the following:

Carroll County District 5 Commissioner Candidate: Kathy Fuller
    Carroll County District 4 Commissioner Candidate: Paul Burkett
    Carroll County Circuit Court Judge: Richard Titus

I believe all of the above will meet or exceed the expectations of 2A champions.

As far as the schoolboard goes, the only candidate that would likely oppose 2A restrictions would be Cathey Allison.

- Richard Rothschild, posting as an individual citizen.
    If you have any questions, I can be reached at 240-315-5844

Feb 3, 2013
    smkranz: Kowolski was doing fine with her article until she ventured into an area where she had no expertise, and proceeded to pander to the left. Suffice it to say, she shot herself in the foot, and she didn't need an AR-15 to do it... just a sharp pencil and loose lips.

Richard Rothschild, posting as a private citizen.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Thank you Commissioner Rothschild. I’ll take your recommendations into the voting booth.

I also thank you for your service to Carroll County and wish you the best in whatever comes next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom