• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Just came back from spending some time in AZ and on the trip went to Tombstone and saw a fairly entertaining performance by a very talented (and hot) 18 year old from Yugoslavia who was very good at revolver spinning and whip cracking.

Up until now, I've avoided the cowboy itch, but all of the sudden, I have an urge to practice this and spend some more time with my single actions.

Any advice from the cowboy action crowd?

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
      IMG_1186.jpg
      96.6 KB · Views: 510
    • IMG_1193.jpg
      IMG_1193.jpg
      80.7 KB · Views: 501
    • IMG_1197.jpg
      IMG_1197.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 497
    • IMG_1203.jpg
      IMG_1203.jpg
      89.9 KB · Views: 497

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm willing to cut her some wardrobe slack on artistic license grounds. But as someone who's done a fair amount of CAS, twirling a Peacemaker is Super Extra Bad Very Naughty Stuff. I don't care how much she lets me inspect the weapons before she starts, having those muzzles sweep past me would give me the willies. But I guess if I did truly get a peek at the hardware before she started, I'd ... um, be willing to watch. Maybe a couple of times :-)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My boot comment was deadpan humor .

But seriously , Spinning is its own thing, and frowned upon in context of CAS , or WFD . More closely related to rope tricks, whip stunts , and knife throwing, than anything

Added - Buscadero isn't totally farb . While not common, there were some authentic photos from the 1890's of them in use, most notably legendary Texas Ranger Capt John Hughes .

But heck , recreating the persona of an early 1900's Wild West performer is historical in itself .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Anachronistic = Not historically correct , commonly somthing from an earlier or later period of history being portrayed in wrong era in literary or dramatic work . As gun guys, the most common is SAA and even worse M1892 & 94 Winchesters being portrayed as Civil War, or imeadately post- Civil War .

Her Harness Boots ( aka Dingo Boots ) as such weren't invented until 1960s, when they quickly became highly popular, even iconic .

Ironically, if someone were to cut off the rings and straps , they would be more or less correct for mid 1800s . ( Origonals usually taller, but heights did vary .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Her boots are anachronistic.

Smaller words...smaller words.

:D

That's what I said. Farby.

The Z brace on that jail door is backwards.

That is the correct way to build it, the Z brace transfers the weight of the left (unhinged side) side of the door down to the right hinge side.

I think that you are looking at the wrong door. The jail house door in the first pic has the backward brace.

Jail door is backwards. The church door is correct.

Ladder is an OSHA violation. Who knows why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom