• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    It is truly with a sad heart that I write this. A good friend, Lew Nibert, made his final landing at the Pearly Gates last night. His son informed me that he went peacefully in his sleep. For those that knew Lew, he was a crotchety old geezer, but would gladly lay down his life for anyone that needed it. After multiple tours in Vietnam in the Army as a fixed wing pilot, then retired at the rank of Major, Lew was one of the good ones. His username on and his email address reflected that. There will no viewing, and he will be cremated and interned in a plot in his home town in Pennsylvania. His family is going to set up arrangements for donations to some charity that is to be determined.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It is truly with a sad heart that I write this. A good friend, Lew Nibert, made his final landing at the Pearly Gates last night. His son informed me that he went peacefully in his sleep. For those that knew Lew, he was a crotchety old geezer, but would gladly lay down his life for anyone that needed it. After multiple tours in Vietnam in the Army as a fixed wing pilot, then retired at the rank of Major, Lew was one of the good ones. His username on and his email address reflected that. There will no viewing, and he will be cremated and interned in a plot in his home town in Pennsylvania. His family is going to set up arrangements for donations to some charity that is to be determined.

RIP Lew. Thank you for your service. You were a good guy, indeed.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    I had the pleasure to meet Lew just once - I bought my Garand from him, and a fine one it is too. He was easy to deal with and had some great stories. He was certainly a "Good Guy". God Bless, Lew; rest in peace.

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I met Lew at the AGC and he was a good guy!
    He probably forgot more about Garands than most people would ever know.

Rest in Peace

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    A fond farewell to Lew Nibert, a former member of Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club and supporter of the AGC. A great teacher and mentor to all of us who enjoyed M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and 1911s! He will be missed.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    So sorry to hear this. I've never met him but he was one of those that stood out on the board. RIP sir. You will be remembered.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    RIP, Lew. I always wanted to meet him. Been thinking of buying from him because you can never have too many Garands but mainly just to get the opportunity to meet him. He did indeed stand out on the board and it was very apparent is was a good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom