• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    So Mr Pa Att General, how many instances have there been where an out of state non-resident ccw holder committed a crime?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes but you may CCW in your vehicle on ANY permit, not just a PA or reciprocal state permit.

And OC legal except in Philly

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    When they tried this stuff last time, it had a certain date that it had to be done by. Which I thought was in January.
    I am not going to bother looking this up, as I have a PA. But seems to me they did this before and had to go back to square one.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    as I understand when you get in your car/truck it is considered concealed
    . So the only time you can open carry is when walking.

OC still legal. (Except Philly)

And carry in your vehicle on ANY permit

How about this NFL gem...

Worley was arrested Sunday morning after he was allegedly found passed out inside a vehicle blocking a highway, according to NFL Network.

Worley, 23, was reportedly tased during the 6 a.m. arrest after he allegedly became combative toward police.

He faces six charges in all: DUI (first offense), firearms not to be carried without a license, carrying firearms in public in Philadelphia, possession of an instrument of crime, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct/engaging in fighting.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...a-eagles-cb-daryl-worley-charged-six-offenses

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The next thing they're going to do is twist the arms of all the counties to end non resident permits.

Lancaster can go **** themselves

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well that sucks. Is this a mandate or a new law? Is it to be reviewed or once the ink dries, it's as good as cast in stone?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I had to reread the OP a few times to understand because NR (non-resident) was abbreviated.

It would be clearer to say Pennsylvania will now recognize permits from certain other states ONLY if you are a resident of that state.

If you live in Maryland, you can always apply for a PA permit, except in Lancaster County, which apparently is no longer issuing non-resident permits.

https://co.lancaster.pa.us/372/Firearms-Unit

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I had to reread the OP a few times to understand because NR (non-resident) was abbreviated.

It would be clearer to say Pennsylvania will now recognize permits from certain other states ONLY if you are a resident of that state.

If you live in Maryland, you can always apply for a PA permit, except in Lancaster County, which apparently is no longer issuing non-resident permits.

Wow. When I went two months ago they merely wouldn't issue to Maryland permit holders that had restricted permits. Now it's even worse. I have no doubt more counties will go this route.

Wtf happened to them

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wow. When I went two months ago they merely wouldn't issue to Maryland permit holders that had restricted permits.

For what it's worth, the Adams County (Gettysburg) sheriff didn't seem to mind the usual "while doing business" restrictions on my MD permit. This was just over a month ago.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    For what it's worth, the Adams County (Gettysburg) sheriff didn't seem to mind the usual "while doing business" restrictions on my MD permit. This was just over a month ago.

Yeah that's where I got my permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

No one else expressed any difficulty with comprehension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom