2018 Mid-Atlantic Fireworks Festival (April 21)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Couldn't make it last year--planning on it this year.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Weather forecast looking good too for this weekend!
    Hopefully winds calm down by time of the show.
    As long as the winds aren't out of the south, we can operate in up to 20 knots of breeze. Winds out of the south become a problem at that location because it puts the audience in the fallout zone - we had to cancel once because of that. That being said, the wind predictions I've seen (windfinder pro, etc) have the winds out of the west to north west and dying down to <10 knots by show time... fingers crossed for that forecast to hold.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Hoping everyone has a great and safe time. Injury has me sidelined.

Didn't realize the National Anthem Doesn't start until 1:43 ish.....

Last edited:

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Those gas mortars were insane. We were third row, show center, the heat was shocking.

We were more than half way back, and all the way across from them, and it was still a blast of heat. I said right away I can’t imagine how it was to anyone up front, especially up by the food venders.
    Lines for food were long, bathrooms too, but it is what it is with that many people there. But it really would be nice to hear the music, and announcements from further back. Maybe a low power radio transmission?
    Regardless, we were glad to have been there, and hope to be again.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    We were more than half way back, and all the way across from them, and it was still a blast of heat. I said right away I can’t imagine how it was to anyone up front, especially up by the food venders.
    You should have felt it from the shooter's table :party29::rockon:
    Lines for food were long, bathrooms too, but it is what it is with that many people there. But it really would be nice to hear the music, and announcements from further back. Maybe a low power radio transmission?
    Regardless, we were glad to have been there, and hope to be again.
    We've tried to get the word out, but many people are still unaware that there's a spectator section roped off that encompasses the entire are between the speaker stacks. It's the best place to view the shows and you'll definitely be able to hear the music from up there. All of the fireworks, firing systems, speaker, etc., are property of and paid for by the pyrotechnicians. We don't get a single cent for the event; it's all out of our pockets, with some individuals spending thousands on their displays. The sound system falls under that same category - unfortunately, we only have so much stuff to put up, and the event has grown astronomically over the past few years with respect to the audience size.

That being said, you aren't the first to mention the sound not being up to par. I'll relay that information when (if) we start planning next year. Perhaps we can go back to simulcast or get additional sound infrastructure rented or donated to the event.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Those gas mortars were insane. We were third row, show center, the heat was shocking.

I was right up there too, thought we were going to get flash burns!!!

Were you the guy who asked me if I knew Chad?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Nah, didnt bump into any MDS members, other than those in my group.

Gotcha.

I was wearing my SOTAR shirt and someone walked by and asked if I knew Chad. It took me completely by surprise cause I forgot I was wearing it.

Before I could think to ask if he was a MDS member, he had walked on.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Gotcha.

I was wearing my SOTAR shirt and someone walked by and asked if I knew Chad. It took me completely by surprise cause I forgot I was wearing it.

Before I could think to ask if he was a MDS member, he had walked on.

Oh if I had seen a SOTAR shirt,,, I would have noticed!

May 13, 2005
    Awesome show, as usual!

Yeah the fuel mines were da bomb, I was front row almost center and it was thermally enlightening to say the least. :)

The rest of the show was impressive, the final show really filled the sky.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Anyone hear anything about the 2020 show?

Yea, hoping to do this again, but with a new job coming up, who knows. Last year I took a crew down for several days. This year I have a bunch more interested, and they want to do a full week in the area. It’s usually the last Saturday in April, but hoping they release an official date, as people have to figure out vacation days soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom