• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I just got an email about this. Anyone on this? I did a search and came up with nothing on this bill. The AWB of 2018 was a also mentioned in the email from Giffiin Armament...

HR 5103 - Financial banning of firearms
    To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special occupational tax in respect of firearms and to increase the transfer tax on any other weapon, and for other purposes.
    This Bill increases tax on ammo 50%, Tax on firearms 20%, and NFA tax from 200 to 500 dollars. This ammends Internal revenue code to steal your money and make it economically impossible to defend the 2nd ammendment.

http://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5103/text

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Another reason to vote republican so there is a chance that this stuff won’t pass. Vote democrat and the odds this type of stuff passes dramatically

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Said increase existing tax by 50% , not tax of 50% .

Read the bill:

“SEC. 4181. IMPOSITION OF TAX.

“There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:

“(1) Articles taxable at 20 percent:

“(A) Pistols.

“(B) Revolvers.

“(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).

“(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.

“(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.”.

Unless I am misunderstanding this.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Reading the bill it looks even worse. They have claims of where the money will go, but I doubt it will ever get there. Kind of like the tobacco settlement money. Also, it looks like they will be raising a bunch of the transfer fees and then tying any changes to inflation. Also, it looks like the taxes are before the final retailer so they won't be as much, but they will be added on.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Another reason to vote republican so there is a chance that this stuff won’t pass.

Hahahahahahaha! You now owe me a laptop, due to all of the coffee spewed onto it.

The Republicans are not a hedge against. We will be sold down the river as soon as it is politically expedient. See: Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    hes-right-you-know.jpg

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    This is just solid proof that the democrat and liberal agenda is to take firearms out of the hands of poor and disadvantaged people.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This is just solid proof that the democrat and liberal agenda is to take firearms out of the hands of poor and disadvantaged people.

This is just solid proof that the democrat and liberal agenda is to make firearm ownership expensive.

People will give up shooting sports because it will cost too much money.

Again, they won't have to take our guns. They'll just make ownership overly burdensome.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    People who DON'T own guns should be taxed and penalized.

Gun owners should get extra tax deductions for each firearm owned.

I am performing a public good by maintaining my guns. I willingly bear the burden of cluttering up my house with these damn things, for the general good of society. I deserve a little recognition, appreciation, and a hefty tax break.

Mako

MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2016
    ES of MD
    Hahahahahahaha! You now owe me a laptop, due to all of the coffee spewed onto it.

The Republicans are not a hedge against. We will be sold down the river as soon as it is politically expedient. See: Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Or see House proceedings this week in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom