• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Well, I just center-punched one with my bow. I've been after him for a week or so. Unfortunately, he darted under my ground-level deck. Hopefully he's deep enough under ground so as no to stink the place up much...I hope. :cool:

Glad to hear you got him. :thumbsup:

I had that happen too years ago. The wife wasn't to please with the smell :rolleyes:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I had that happen too years ago. The wife wasn't to please with the smell :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Yeah. He's right underneath my smoker(which I shot the other day trying to shave an arrow by trying to shoot him three days ago), and my two grills. :o

I HATE groundhogs!!!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

I hit one with my 22 last year. It ran into my roof drain pipe for the garage and I couldn’t get to it as it is completely buried under ground. It never did smell in the yard. Stink must have went up toward the gutter.

As an update on King Kong groundhog at my property, I shot at him from the porch a few days ago. Not sure if I hit him or not but he ran after I fired. By the time I got my boots on and made it up the hill he was gone. No sign of blood or a bullet hitting the ground. Time will tell.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I hit one with my 22 last year. It ran into my roof drain pipe for the garage and I couldn’t get to it as it is completely buried under ground. It never did smell in the yard. Stink must have went up toward the gutter.

As an update on King Kong groundhog at my property, I shot at him from the porch a few days ago. Not sure if I hit him or not but he ran after I fired. By the time I got my boots on and made it up the hill he was gone. No sign of blood or a bullet hitting the ground. Time will tell.

I was replacing a few bad boards in my deck one time. I found a complete skeleton of a coon under there. It was just under my sliding glass door. Never smelled him.

Hope you got your white whale. :thumbsup:

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Just use my sniper skills on this one. 45yrds
    c0d9fd41399eb594748c991cbcb94cbf.jpg
    157d82d9801790b553d55818725f06b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Got this guy a few minutes ago. I do not believe he is the big one I have been chasing but he’s pretty big regardless. Henry 357 40 yards.

Attachments

• E0C50E4C-284C-4644-AD4F-B15E7408CCD8.jpg
      E0C50E4C-284C-4644-AD4F-B15E7408CCD8.jpg
      210.5 KB · Views: 209

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Scored my first one of the year. Always get one or two a year trying to make a den under my shed. Fist one with my .17WSM Didn’t even flinch.

(Need engineerbrian to post my pictures since I still haven’t figured out how after 5 years in the site.)

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Scored my first one of the year. Always get one or two a year trying to make a den under my shed. Fist one with my .17WSM Didn’t even flinch.

(Need engineerbrian to post my pictures since I still haven’t figured out how after 5 years in the site.)

Pic 1 (sideways pic)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      202.3 KB · Views: 181

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Shot the groundhog I posted yesterday at 4:43pm. Posted it shortly after in this thread. Afterwords I went down to the house and ate dinner. Around 5:15 I walked the dog up the hill as I always do.

When we got the the middle of the hill the dog went crazy yelping and trying to push me back to the house. I ignored but he ran off. The groundhog had been drug to the top of the hillside and was ripped apart pretty good. Figured it was a fox as I have them and have caught a coyote on the trail cam.... later that night when we were on his final walk he refused to go to the top of the hill again and was on very high alert.

Tonight in the area of the groundhog I find this animal scat. Speculate all you want.... I believe there was a bear on my property in Cecil County. Third photo is a pathway that was heavily pushed down that was not there yesterday morning.

Am I nuts?

Attachments

• 7F3C31D2-7748-4841-B7AD-5BE1F64A0654.jpg
      7F3C31D2-7748-4841-B7AD-5BE1F64A0654.jpg
      180.9 KB · Views: 200
    • 0B42A679-9A60-440A-A75E-27EB77CA662C.jpg
      0B42A679-9A60-440A-A75E-27EB77CA662C.jpg
      161.3 KB · Views: 202
    • 46107C85-B601-449A-B610-4A6BFF78DADF.jpg
      46107C85-B601-449A-B610-4A6BFF78DADF.jpg
      213.7 KB · Views: 201
    Shot the groundhog I posted yesterday at 4:43pm. Posted it shortly after in this thread. Afterwords I went down to the house and ate dinner. Around 5:15 I walked the dog up the hill as I always do.

When we got the the middle of the hill the dog went crazy yelping and trying to push me back to the house. I ignored but he ran off. The groundhog had been drug to the top of the hillside and was ripped apart pretty good. Figured it was a fox as I have them and have caught a coyote on the trail cam.... later that night when we were on his final walk he refused to go to the top of the hill again and was on very high alert.

Tonight in the area of the groundhog I find this animal scat. Speculate all you want.... I believe there was a bear on my property in Cecil County. Third photo is a pathway that was heavily pushed down that was not there yesterday morning.

Am I nuts?

Only one way to tell. Put out a pic-a-nic basket.

xyogi-bear-picnic.gif.pagespeed.ic.-Jlqh71vFR.png

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Am I nuts?

do you still have your trail cams up?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    do you still have your trail cams up?

I do not. Really wish I did as the one probably would have caught it. Took them down a while back. A DNR agent looked at the photo today and swears it is bear scat. I’m pretty convinced. There have also been two sightings within the last two days a few miles from my home by the Cecil County Dragway with photos. Very easy to get from my home to there and vice versa within 10 min by car. Through the woods is a shorter distance.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I do not. Really wish I did as the one probably would have caught it. Took them down a while back. A DNR agent looked at the photo today and swears it is bear scat. I’m pretty convinced. There have also been two sightings within the last two days a few miles from my home by the Cecil County Dragway with photos. Very easy to get from my home to there and vice versa within 10 min by car. Through the woods is a shorter distance.

I checked google images for black bear scat and agree thats what it is too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom