• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    "The people responsible for this crime have victimized a local business and these stolen firearms threaten the safety of our communities," said Daniel L. Board, Jr., Special Agent in Charge of ATF's Baltimore Field Division, in the statement.

No, Special Agent, the firearms do NOT threaten the safety of our communities - the bastard thieves and those who buy these stolen firearms do so.

Is it no wonder we can't have nice things when the people who are in charge don't even have the correct attitude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I find these gun store break-ins and home robberies where firearms are stolen to be extremely concerning. Now only does it put weapons into the wrong hands - but ultimately these folks put pressure on our 2A rights... For many of these lawmakers - they don't see the distinction between law abiding firearm owners and the criminals who ignore... Ultimately, the folks who follow the law (usually to the T) are penalized.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    As hard as it is for our company to keep our copper welding cable , I am surprised these types of break-ins don't happen more with guns .

This will shed a bad light on us in some way because they like to lump all guns into the same category . Hopefully they catch the criminals .

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Great photos of the thieves. Only a matter of time now before the tips come rolling in and these guys are caught :innocent0

Any current or retired LEO’s reading this thread - do these surveillance pics ever result in an ID or an arrest? Every time I see them on TV news I find myself laughing and/or shaking my head at how poor they are and thinking how dumb people are if they think an ID can be made. Even ones without hoods/masks on are 99% of the time too poor of quality to even ID the perp as even being human. Or is this practice more of a psychological ploy to make the dirtbags uneasy about their situation where they might slip up? Frankly it seems pointless in realistic terms.

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Great photos of the thieves. Only a matter of time now before the tips come rolling in and these guys are caught :innocent0

Any current or retired LEO’s reading this thread - do these surveillance pics ever result in an ID or an arrest? Every time I see them on TV news I find myself laughing and/or shaking my head at how poor they are and thinking how dumb people are if they think an ID can be made. Even ones without hoods/masks on are 99% of the time too poor of quality to even ID the perp as even being human. Or is this practice more of a psychological ploy to make the dirtbags uneasy about their situation where they might slip up? Frankly it seems pointless in realistic terms.

The video is only as good as the quality the owner wants to spend for. Really it is almost as useless as fake cameras if you do not get the correct equipment and proper installation to make it worthy of proper id. Most cheap systems are only good for live surveillance to actually see what is going on, not for identification. But sometimes a characteristic of the individual(walk, clothing design) gets recognized with these poor videos, so maybe it is not all for nothing.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    I never understood why gun stores don't disable the firearms they store by removing the firing pins or other key components. I do that for all my firearms and store the parts in another location filed accurately for no mistakes. If someone we able to break in (not likely) and steal my firearms, the guns won't work until the thieves acquire replacement parts making their criminal efforts far more problematic. It clearly would be a pain for businesses to do this for hundreds of firearms but everyone knows it only takes a few minutes to breakdown a rifle or handgun and remove a firing pin. If thieves knew a gun store had their firearms made inoperable, I would think criminals would not be hitting that store.

Of course my self defense weapons are not disabled but they are hidden for quick access where a thief won't find them.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I don't think your suggestion is very feasible. However I do believe there should be some sort of standard for gun shops on what is acceptable storage. I'm still amazed by this robbery... look how quickly the thieves make off with all those guns once they made entry to the building and tripped the alarm. There was nothing to stop them or slow them down from stealing. I'm curious what kind of procedures were at Hanover Armory.

I never understood why gun stores don't disable the firearms they store by removing the firing pins or other key components. I do that for all my firearms and store the parts in another location filed accurately for no mistakes. If someone we able to break in (not likely) and steal my firearms, the guns won't work until the thieves acquire replacement parts making their criminal efforts far more problematic. It clearly would be a pain for businesses to do this for hundreds of firearms but everyone knows it only takes a few minutes to breakdown a rifle or handgun and remove a firing pin. If thieves knew a gun store had their firearms made inoperable, I would think criminals would not be hitting that store.

Of course my self defense weapons are not disabled but they are hidden for quick access where a thief won't find them.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    At some point I expect that the Maryland legislature will require FFLs to keep all firearms in their inventory locked inside of an underwriter laboratory certified gun safe (i.e. UL TL-15, TL-30x6 etc). The cost of purchasing and installing a safe large enough to hold most stores' inventory or adapting a whole room to UL standards would be enormous and likely put many stores out of business. They will justify this by saying that it's necessary to keep these firearms off the streets and is simply part of being a so-called responsible corporate citizen.

I expect that Maryland politicians will do this because a) they hate firearms and b) they have no interest in actually remedying the tidal wave of crime which is sweeping the state. It's cheaper to place the burden on gun stores than it is to overhaul the courts and imprison burglars and robbers long term.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    No, Special Agent, the firearms do NOT threaten the safety of our communities - the bastard thieves and those who buy these stolen firearms do so.

Is it no wonder we can't have nice things when the people who are in charge don't even have the correct attitude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ed Zachery

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    On Target puts all its guns in safes at closing. Sometimes they aren't all in the cases when the store opens.

Yes, I have seen them putting them back up on display right after they open up.

I am quite surprised that most gun shops do not do this; if they do not have active human surveillance constantly with the displayed inventory.

Or at least keep them in lockable racks; like a military arms room does.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I never understood why gun stores don't disable the firearms they store by removing the firing pins or other key components. I do that for all my firearms and store the parts in another location filed accurately for no mistakes.

I saw on the news tonight that about half of the guns taken were non-functional since they were in the process of being built.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Thieves are often stupid . I've had them steal guns and leave bolts behind , and steal bolts and leave guns behind .

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    hand-chopped-off.jpg

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    I saw on the news tonight that about half of the guns taken were non-functional since they were in the process of being built.

That explains the report that only 13 guns were stolen. Sure looked like they grabbed more than 13.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom