• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    went with a friend today....first time going to this particular show. It's big. Not as big as York, but definetly a good size. Ammo prices were okay (depending on the vendor). Nothing to write home about. I went looking for a Model 29. Couldn't find one in the entire show, unfortunately (there was a vendor with an assortment of .357 mag Smith's) Saw a nice russian SKS that was in GREAT shape and a handful of Mosin's that were in great shape as well.

When asked a certain VA FFL there, if they were MD or VA (due to having to transfer it to a Md FFL)...they weren't super "customer friendly"

Good show, though...it was worth the hour drive.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    the 4 hour trip was worth it. Damn Hanover arms!!!! It took every ounce of my will power. They have a 50 Beuwolf complete. for 550 but alas I was Christmas/Anniversary or Birthday shopping for the wife.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    the 4 hour trip was worth it. Damn Hanover arms!!!! It took every ounce of my will power. They have a 50 Beuwolf complete. for 550 but alas I was Christmas/Anniversary or Birthday shopping for the wife.
    i saw that...the muzzle brake was MASSIVE

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Tactical Coating Systems ,of Springfield Va , located next to the MSI booth features Md compliant AR-15s . His own products , and Ceracoated, and decently equipped at a decent price.

If you are looking for one, give his a look also .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Any decent deals on C&R Star B 9mm's?

I was in the area and stopped by the show for less than an hour.
    I saw a star B but it was in fair to poor shape in my opinion. I recall it was $400+ but don't know if I remember that right.

Of all the C&R stuff I saw(I only made it half way till I needed to leave), I thought prices were not that good but never tried to talk anyone down.
    Lots of trap doors but this is not the best show for that.
    Ruger's Lugers is a guy near the food area that always has decent stuff. He is not on the low end of price but he's not like the guy from florida either. The difference with that Ruger is he's honest and will answer questions. He had something I liked but I did not have nearly enough $$ for it.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Went there today to enjoy myself, looking around and asking the prices.
    Some were off the charts as I can get it on amazon/ebay for half of the price

Few items that I got:

AR15 Handguard Removal Tool ($10 Dollars)
    Spike Type Bayonets for SKS ($10 Dollars)
    Single-Point Bungee QD Sling- OD Green ($10 Dollars)
    Dual Loop AR-15 Sling Attachment Plate ($5 Dollars)
    Snap Cap - .223 ($5 dollars)

I have a thing to find the most expensive price :shocked2:

The winner:
    M1 Garand - Asking price: $50,000
    (Yes, I had to double and triple check to make sure it was not $5,000

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Any decent deals on C&R Star B 9mm's?

A1 Uniforms has 3 or 4 Star Bs in their "Mountain-O-Guns" that are in decent shape, I was down there yesterday and saw part of the collection that they have to log in from that estate. Keep you eye on their thread, for them to be able to put them up for sale.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Radio_Flyer

Jun 18, 2015
    cbburke was that the never fired Garand? I heard him talking to this guy about it, never been fired, first time out in the open. Not for 50k

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    cbburke was that the never fired Garand? I heard him talking to this guy about it, never been fired, first time out in the open. Not for 50k

Not this show but the last one a month or so ago I seen a M1 with a tag on it for $50,000 but it was a gas trap early model. It could have been the same gun?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Went with the wife today and for the first time I found what I was looking for and the wife said Merry Christmas if you want it get it. So I walked out with a RPR in 308 win and a case of gold medal match ammo. My wife sure does love me!

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Not this show but the last one a month or so ago I seen a M1 with a tag on it for $50,000 but it was a gas trap early model. It could have been the same gun?

I saw that also at the last show, it was the first one I have ever seen in person.
    $50,000, is a lot for that gun, there is one on Gun Broker now with a starting bid price of $8,700, but it is not an original parts one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718859315

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Went to a gun show and green lighted a purchase?? . . She's a keeper!!

This just reminded me of an encounter I had with a really attractive, intelligent woman. She told me she loves to fish! Rivers and lakes, and most of all the bay for rockfish, and deep sea for mahi, tuna, white and blue marlin, sail, etc.

I told her she's most guys absolute dream (while trying not to fall in love with her) and that her husband is a really lucky guy. At that moment, she told me her husband doesn't fish. :banghead:

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I saw that also at the last show, it was the first one I have ever seen in person.
    $50,000, is a lot for that gun, there is one on Gun Broker now with a starting bid price of $8,700, but it is not an original parts one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718859315

Yeah, when I seen it I was in disbelief because it was just laying on top of the dealers boxes on other stuff. I would have thought it would have been in a case or something. I didn’t even try to pick it up and look at it after I seen the price tag. I had already seen a lot of the Garands of the GCA members who had a lot of tables at the previous show for their convention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom