• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I really need new glasses. If I knew you were going to post the target, I would have shot slower. :)
    I liked that pistol.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like I brought the Mossberg out here.
    Top left was his Walther Q5 with Leupold. First time I ever shot a red dot pistol. Not too shabby. That's was pretty much a rapid fire. Unless it was my eyes, the shadow on that triangle"dot" was annoying. Forgot what the top right was.
    The center, which I held high hopes for, was his Colt 1911 9mm. Sad face :(
    Fiber optic sights on a semi, suck. Mis feeds with Wilson mags and good ammo were disappointing and the stock trigger was tough to break. I think a trigger job (2-3 lbs) and polish would set it straight.
    At that distance with a1911 .45 I would have been at least quarter size minimum. I was expecting dime size with a 9mm.
    Note to self.... Never have a fiber sight on anything other than a primary SD pistol.
    b41e8b6d95dc99c58c24901db8470c71.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Was the top right the Colt Cobra? Although there's 8 shots, I remember you being pretty much dead on with it in double action shooting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Was the top right the Colt Cobra? Although there's 8 shots, I remember you being pretty much dead on with it in double action shooting.

I believe those were the shots from the Cobra.

I'll say one thing, the Kimber has a very smooth double action that doesn't take a lot of skill to do well with. By the twelfth round or so, I was getting more consistent with shot placement. The only thing that concerned me was the lack of a single action option. The Cobra's isn't fantastic but it's still a better option (sometimes) for those of us who aren't all that experienced as DA revolver shooters.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't think I would have had a group like that with a revolver. When I shot the revolvers, I had that 6 inch vertical line on the bigger target.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I picked mine up at Gym Ratz.

I also got mine from John. He had one listed during a recent Walther sale but I don't know if it's still available. If not, he can probably get you one.

I've nearly forsaken every handgun in my collection because of the PPQ 45. It's one of the most incredible handguns I've ever owned and just a pleasure to take to the range. The last time I was this fixated on a pistol was during the mid 1980's after purchasing my first (of many) Sig P220's.

IGOtkmz.jpg

10 yards, 25 shots, WWB 230gr FMJ

That's a target from a recent trip to the NRA Range in Fairfax with a couple of MDS'ers. I've let several here shoot my PPQ 45 and all have said it has one of the best triggers they've ever seen on a striker-fired pistol.

CanMCWw.jpg

Put it in an Azula OWB holster I ordered off Amazon.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I have been itching to get a PPQ after handling one a few weeks ago, it sure looks nice in that holster! Next range trip I may have to rent one to see how well I shoot it.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    ioftAl1.jpg

10 yards, 20 rounds, Fiocchi 230gr FMJ

It had been several months since I took the PPQ 45 to the range and as usual it didn't disappoint. Fiocchi ammo has always been kinda hit-and-miss, though. Literally. I like their 124gr 9mm FMJ in my CZ's. It seems to leave very little residue behind but I've found that accuracy isn't always the best compared to other factory loads. Not so with this one. I think this load performs just as well as any I've ever shot in the PPQ 45 and would definitely buy it again online for < $15 a box with free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom