• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Question for the many AR guys here:

What are you guys using as your "go to" AR-15 maintenance and repair reference book? Is there a reference book that's a "must have" for general maintenance and repair (as opposed to build) for the AR platform? Thoughts much appreciated!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    :lol::thumbsup::lol::thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

Oh, I had no doubt that I'd see any number of endorsements for SOTAR. I also have no doubt that there's very good reason for those endorsements.

For the record, there are a number of very knowledgeable gun folks here. What's much more uncommon is somebody like Clandestine, who obviously has a wealth of knowledge, coupled with both the communications skills and the desire to teach what he knows. That latter piece I surmise comes from being a teacher at heart as well, which adds the third leg to the stool given his combination of skills. I've long ago made these determinations from his posts. We're fortunate to have this guy's input here, and especially me as well as I'm later in life to a platform that isn't my favorite, but nowadays does increasingly command my attention.

Mr. C, I would indeed like to take you up on your typically generous offer! PM inbound, and Thank You! And with any luck and some additional time, I may well heed the good advice of the members above, and attend one of your SOTAR classes in the future.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    I have a question along the same lines- Does anyone know of a list that has the industry specs of all the small hardware pieces on the AR? For example, the charging handle tension pin is a 1/16 x 1/4 pin. I've been looking around online and have only found partial lists.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    :lol::thumbsup::lol::thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

Oh, I had no doubt that I'd see any number of endorsements for SOTAR. I also have no doubt that there's very good reason for those endorsements.

For the record, there are a number of very knowledgeable gun folks here. What's much more uncommon is somebody like Clandestine, who obviously has a wealth of knowledge, coupled with both the communications skills and the desire to teach what he knows. That latter piece I surmise comes from being a teacher at heart as well, which adds the third leg to the stool given his combination of skills. I've long ago made these determinations from his posts. We're fortunate to have this guy's input here, and especially me as well as I'm later in life to a platform that isn't my favorite, but nowadays does increasingly command my attention.

Mr. C, I would indeed like to take you up on your typically generous offer! PM inbound, and Thank You! And with any luck and some additional time, I may well heed the good advice of the members above, and attend one of your SOTAR classes in the future.
    You will be well rewarded and his collection of documents is also worth the effort to acquire.. :thumbsup:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The SOTAR Church of AR-15. Reverend Chad presiding

"Today we are going to be reading from The Book of AR, chapter 1 paragraph 5.'

"And he sayeth unto all there, make sure to use enough lube to keep it wet. Never let it be dry. If you let it run dry, issues will arise and things will break or be damaged. Always keep it well lubed so fouling can freely move to locations so it will not cause a failure."

And now we shall move forward to fellowship and the range time. In the name of Eugene Stoner, pew pew pew 'Merica."

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    "Today we are going to be reading from The Book of AR, chapter 1 paragraph 5.'

"And he sayeth unto all there, make sure to use enough lube to keep it wet. Never let it be dry. If you let it run dry, issues will arise and things will break or be damaged. Always keep it well lubed so fouling can freely move to locations so it will not cause a failure."

Ann now we shall move forward to fellowship and the range time. In the name of Eugene Stoner, pew pew pew 'Merica."

You sir shall henceforth and hereafter be addressed as Reverend Daemon! We're gonna leave off the assassin part....just sayin...you know, in keeping with propers for the newly ordained :)

BTW Reverend...who's Ann? Interesting mention there Reverend.... :)

Thanks all!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You sir shall henceforth and hereafter be addressed as Reverend Daemon! We're gonna leave off the assassin part....just sayin...you know, in keeping with propers for the newly ordained :)

BTW Reverend...who's Ann? Interesting mention there Reverend.... :)

Thanks all!

Chad is the Reverend, I'm just some dude that helps out. Like a Deacon or something. Yea I like the sound of that. Deacon Daemon is here to welcome all of the sinners that have ditched their AK's and chosen to get AR's.

Typo, let me fix it. Please corrected the quoted text to keep the hilarity. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom