• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Be sure to thank you local state legislative reps for their support of business growth in Maryland, especially those progressive libturds....:sad20:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    If I can support it with Beretta in my backyard...

Not sure if they will make those there but I'm looking forward to an over under that says it is made in TN.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Miller's EXACT quote ...

"If I can support it with Beretta in my backyard..."

Not sure if they will make those there but I'm looking forward to an over under that says it is made in TN.

“If I can vote for it [SB281] with Beretta in my district, anybody can vote for it.” -
    Senate President Thomas V. 'Mike' Miller Jr. - March 29, 2013

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "If I can support it with Beretta in my backyard..."

I wonder whether Miller worked out a deal on Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey for his intentionally-caused, newly-unemployed constituents. Maybe using Trone to handle the distribution.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    MSI should track down the name of every employ who lost there job from Berretta and remind them of this.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What's wrong with his constituents that they reelect him? Are so many of them so reliant on his government goodies that he can kill off "unwanted" industry without consequences?
    What makes them so sure that they and their jobs won't be next?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Great posting, as always EL1227. Few have that long of a term memory!

Preserved for posterity ...

News orgs, especially the Democrat-leaning ones here in the PRofMD tend to 'purge' their articles and videos, especially when something politically embarrassing is dredged up. I found that out with O'Malley's 85% poll. The polling org who fabricated it for him also wiped their web pages of how the polling was conducted and more importantly, who their clients were and who paid for the poll that the Baltimore Sun published as gospel. I saw it manipulated in realtime, but didn't react quick enough to preserve it with screen captures, but even the 'Internet Wayback Machine' has some of them preserved. Checkout this MDS thread for details ... Yet another BIASED poll

Also, do your own search on MDS for 'OpinionWorks' and see how many liberal/progresive polls they have been contracted to conduct. Steve Raabe, OpinionWorks President, takes polls for Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence, Vinnie deMarco's group. ... Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. :sad20:

Since then, I've grabbed pictures, articles, videos, and poll that have the potential of being pulled by 'sympathetic' media ... that Miller video is one that will see much airtime in the next election cycle.

Attachments

• Does THIS look like 85%.pdf
      101.1 KB · Views: 138
    • A Tale of 2 Rallies (samll).jpg
      A Tale of 2 Rallies (samll).jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 909

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    What's wrong with his constituents that they reelect him? Are so many of them so reliant on his government goodies that he can kill off "unwanted" industry without consequences?
    What makes them so sure that they and their jobs won't be next?

I'd like to think they are just uneducated about this. Maybe a mailing is in order followed up by a door-to-door visit reminding them their elected official doesn't have their best interest in mind.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'd like to think they are just uneducated about this. Maybe a mailing is in order followed up by a door-to-door visit reminding them their elected official doesn't have their best interest in mind.

If they're uneducated about one of their larger employers leaving the state due to their State Senator's leadership and vote, costing 400 jobs in his district, they are likely more than uneducated. They are woefully ignorant and/or bought off with promises of other goodies -- at the rest of Maryland taxpayers' expense.

The R's need to field and fund a serious challenger to this dufus.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    MSI should track down the name of every employ who lost there job from Berretta and remind them of this.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think that they are painfully aware as Beretta made it VERY clear why they were leaving the PRofMD.

Gun-Control Drives Beretta Out Of Maryland

Beretta initially said it would only use its Tennessee facility to make new products, but now Jeff Cooper, general manager for Beretta U.S.A. Corp., says, “While we had originally planned to use the Tennessee facility for new equipment and for production of new product lines only, we have decided that it is more prudent from the point of view of our future welfare to move the Maryland production lines in their entirety to the new Tennessee facility.”

Beretta’s leadership has been very vocal about how new gun-control laws might force them from the state. The version of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 that first passed the Maryland Senate would have pushed them out even sooner. The Maryland Senate’s version of the bill would have prohibited Beretta from manufacturing, storing or even importing into the state products it sells to customers throughout the U.S. After informing the Maryland House of Delegates that the law, if passed unchanged, would immediately drive them out of Maryland, some of law’s provisions were cut from the bill.

Nevertheless, Cooper says, “[T]he possibility that such restrictions might be reinstated in the future leaves us very worried about the wisdom of maintaining a firearm manufacturing factory in the state.”

Like many firearms manufacturers, Beretta couldn’t stay in a state that banned some of its popular products and that might soon decide to ban the rest. Economic uncertainty is something a company can try to control or adjust to; whereas political uncertainty isn’t driven by a bottom line, but by ideology that in this case is often unrelated to the facts.

Miller danced around that FACT and was the one who 'brokered' the original 'compromise', but Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta, basically told Miller "Berettas don’t bluff"...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Several northeast states, once known for their firearms manufacturers, now take pride in having driven them out and enacting some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. Maryland has decided to follow suit. Apparently it thinks a government-centric economy is preferable to industry, especially that which is "undesirable." Even the farmers are coming under intense pressure from the environmentalist zealots.

After all, government creates jobs, stimulates the economy, and doesn't pollute, right? All win, no cost. :sarcasm:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    So happy that Beretta decided to completely pull out of Maryland. Tennessee will be far friendlier to them. After all Beretta did for the state of Maryland (generating jobs / revenue / paying taxes) our MGA decided to spit in their face. I hope the factory sits there empty for years to come in Mike's district.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is a double edged sword for us, I know we have talked about this before but Maryland for the most part doesn't care because of its location to Washington DC and all the federal jobs so in turn "no one" will miss this company.

The problem that I see when we focus on the long game is that as these 2A friendly companies consolidate into fewer and fewer states their political power decreases with every consolidation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom