• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I'm talking with that guy on Facebook, even if the engraving is deeper than it should be that should not have happened.

He has yet to inspect the inside of the can. That is odd in it self, as the first thing any form 1 guy would do is take it apart.

He was shooting super sonic rounds, has not shown any other pictures of the can either.

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    I seen a guy post the same question on the SDTA forum, maybe it was you?

Besides the post there and yours here, I have not heard that. I would assume that since SDTA end cap threads all the way it's not an issue with SDTA's tube unless it's not threaded deep enough. Measure the threads and go from there.

Yup that was me. Ended up having to file the threads on the lid all the way down but it fits like a glove now.

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    I think so. Weird part was threads on both the lid and end cap measured right with a thread gauge. I hope they didn't change the design, the grip on my lid looks different then any other lid i've seen.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Need some help:

I have a Form 1 and will have my parts by next week. Does anyone have a drill press that I could use? I would be willing to compensate whoever has one. Preferably someone who has more experience than me (I have VERY little).

Thanks guys.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I can help, but my schedule is really bad the next few weeks. Not for nothing, but you can always find good deals on Craigslist or harbor freight.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I wonder if you could re-engrave the serial number somewhere else on the tube, then weld it.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    ATF doesn't allow you to modify the orig serial. They wont even let you restamp over the same serial if it get too worn.

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    In the material list the tube is 8.375" long and with the end caps on I would think it to be slightly longer. The application used as an example shows the length to be 8". Does the ATF allow slight variations in overall length? IE: rounding up or down to a whole number?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Yes, it does not have to be exact.

Typically shorter than listed is ok for a suppressor. All of my cans are listed at 12".

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    So you'd definitely go with the 7.6" tube over the 5.6" tube for a .223/5.56? I was planning on suppressing a 12.5" SBR build but the OAL with a 7.6" suppressor is kind along.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    The tube will be 8.5 with the advanced endcap and a Gemtech lid that has had the threads moved back so it will fit in tube farther. I don't think the advanced endcap will add any length. I'm guessing it will be about 9.25 long

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom