• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I just wanted to know if the 5.8" D cell Titanium tube that I am using on my Glock 17 can be used on an 11.5" AR pistol. It is bored for 45 cal.

Depends on caliber of the AR, if 556 no. You could use it but it will not be effective nor hearing safe.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Thanks for reposting Weber! This is a great thread.

Question......I made a can for my 22. If I screw it on my SR22, it goes on extremely tight. When I take it off the pistol, it is on so tight that it unscrews the threaded barrel adapter. Even if I just test it out on the barrel adapter without it being attached to the pistol, I have to use the small wrench to unscrew the adapter for the can. I just twist the can on hand tight, not even putting much pressure at all on it. Any thoughts?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    If you plan to leave the adapter on the pistol, locktite or rock set it on. It will keep it on the barrel, I prefer locktite as its easier to remove later if needed.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I thought about that, but in order for me to remove the slide for cleaning, I have to remove the adapter.

That's why I like loctite, it will hold retention but still be removable.

You could also try some high temp anti-seize on the thread adapter but it will still tighten up.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Depends on caliber of the AR, if 556 no. You could use it but it will not be effective nor hearing safe.

I'll be firing .223 occasionally 22lr on it. Will it do?

On the other hand Legally can I have an extra endcap with a smaller bore or not?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I'll be firing .223 occasionally 22lr on it. Will it do?

On the other hand Legally can I have an extra endcap with a smaller bore or not?

I would not waste my money, go for 7.6" at least for your application. You can not have an extra end cap or thread protector legally unless you secure the internals without the ends holding the stack together.

I do have solutions for that but they require extra work.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I would not waste my money, go for 7.6" at least for your application. You can not have an extra end cap or thread protector legally unless you secure the internals without the ends holding the stack together.

I do have solutions for that but they require extra work.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll do the path of the 7.6 then.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Weber,
    What is the recommended length for a 16" AR if I intend to use .223 and .556?

What is the measurement for the freeze plugs for the C cell tube?

Have you built a B cell suppressor? If so did you use the Freeze plugs at SDTA or does NAPA Auto have them?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Weber,
    What is the recommended length for a 16" AR if I intend to use .223 and .556?

What is the measurement for the freeze plugs for the C cell tube?

Have you built a B cell suppressor? If so did you use the Freeze plugs at SDTA or does NAPA Auto have them?

556/223 is almost always a minimum of 7.6, SBR's need that or longer stacked with plugs.

I'm at the Ravens game right now but I can get you the measurement on the c plugs later.

I have a B size for pistol, you can use the SDTA plugs or a Napa plug, I have the number at home.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    You can not have an extra end cap or thread protector legally unless you secure the internals without the ends holding the stack together.

Not sure what you mean by secure the internals but Military Arms Channel had a pre-production Griffin Universal suppressor. The internals looked like they snapped together but it definitely came with different end caps as well as 1/2 x 28 and 3 lug adapters. There was also an extension for rifle applications

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Not sure what you mean by secure the internals but Military Arms Channel had a pre-production Griffin Universal suppressor. The internals looked like they snapped together but it definitely came with different end caps as well as 1/2 x 28 and 3 lug adapters. There was also an extension for rifle applications

Firm 1 users are not the same as a manufacture. If the end caps hold the internals in place, you can not have a spare or extra end cap.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Would that work on an SDTA tube?
    Short answer is yes.

Long answer:
    I own a gemtech GM-9 and also bought the fixed mount for it.
    I built a D cell tube using SDTA parts and have a thread adapter at one end where I attach the LID. Both the gemtech LID and fixed mount directly thread to the thread adapter.

If you build a B cell tube the 3-lug mount will directly thread to the tube. But in this case it would be holding the baffle stack in place which legally makes it part of the suppressor. In this scenario I'm not sure if you can legally swap extra mounts. Hopefully someone can enlighten us on this.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    Has anybody had issues with a Gemtech LID not screwing onto SDTA's B tube? Their end cap screws on perfectly but the LID absolutely refuses.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Has anybody had issues with a Gemtech LID not screwing onto SDTA's B tube? Their end cap screws on perfectly but the LID absolutely refuses.

I seen a guy post the same question on the SDTA forum, maybe it was you?

Besides the post there and yours here, I have not heard that. I would assume that since SDTA end cap threads all the way it's not an issue with SDTA's tube unless it's not threaded deep enough. Measure the threads and go from there.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Rut roh
    Ti SD Tactical tube on a 300 blackout. We don't really know if it was the engraving or how the suppressor was used.
    The consensus on the form 1 facebook page is it can't legally be fixed.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 1,079

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads