• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    So I was visiting my cousin and family in New Jersey. His father recently had a stroke so he told my cousin to get his guns from his house and sell them for him. We took some pics, we have no idea what they're worth. Several Garands and a couple flintlock/muzzle loaders. One flintlock in real nice shape and one with rust. There are two other rifles we didn't have time to take pics of.

image.jpg14_zpskfdceoru.jpg

image.jpg17_zpsmpfrodxm.jpg

image.jpg13_zpsrdowgu1s.jpg

image.jpg15_zpsl8m3jy89.jpg

image.jpg16_zpskp4icmd2.jpg

image.jpg12_zpsw2nqydax.jpg

image.jpg9_zpslxhnmz0p.jpg

image.jpg11_zpsgvuxi6w9.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsbaqlinwr.jpg

image.jpg8_zpshl8du8da.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsbaqlinwr.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsaq8sr3sd.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsrc17ezpt.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstlzme74f.jpg

image.jpg5_zpstj2h9prk.jpg

image.jpg2_zpscqumx4rq.jpg

image.jpg3_zps75qejmnx.jpg

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Well if you can get the Garand's gauged, I'll make an offer on them if they are good. Value depends heavily on condition and make.

Lowest I've seen was a "Field" grade going for 850 today, and highest was another Field Grade in slightly better shape for 950. Pricing can go into the thousands if it's a rare make and good condition. I'm no expert on Flintlocks mind you, but I'd sure others can help you there.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    1903 springfield, refurbed, low number. (considered by most unsafe to shoot)
    1903 springfield high number

6 mill garand (niche, not a lot of them, if correct (all drawing numbers correct) if correct worth a bit (correct garands are about $1500 now.)

Winchester 1917. Excellent finish....These are moving up quickly in value over the last couple of years,

1 or 2? Trap door? springfields. I'm interested in the rusty one if the bore is good.:D

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    If someone here wanted to buy them how would that be handled? I'm unfamiliar with C&R/New Jersey (other than they suck) laws.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Bring them here and sell them.

I'd seriously like a Trapdoor.

Antique! So no paperwork at all.

As for the others, all FTF cuzz they be long guns.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    That's a nice collection. I'm guessing here but what do you are calling muzzleloaders are not. They are trapdoor rifles, i'm trying to read the date on the lock on the rusty one, it looks like 1853 or 58 if that's correct, it's a conversion rifle made from a muzzleloading rifle. A lot of civil war muskets were converted to this configuration. They also came and a number of different cartridges/calibers. Need more pics, to be sure.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    If someone here wanted to buy them how would that be handled? I'm unfamiliar with C&R/New Jersey (other than they suck) laws.

Then antique ones can come to Maryland no problem. The other long arms can't be transferred from one state resident (in this case a NJ resident) to another (in this case a MD resident) without involving a FFL (per federal law)... in this case a C&R FFL here in MD is fine to receive them.

I'll be honest, I almost hate responding to this as whenever we get into discussions of the law in these posts, there inevitably seems to be disagreements.

An except below if you want the ATF clarification...

https://www.atf.gov/file/61721/download

2. May I lawfully transfer a firearm to a friend who resides in a different State?

Under Federal law, an unlicensed individual is prohibited from transferring a firearm to an individual who does not reside in the State where the transferee resides. Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of State, the firearm must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) within the recipient’s State of residence. He or she may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check. More information can be obtained on the ATF website at www.atf.gov and http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html. The GCA provides an exception from this prohibition for temporary loans or rentals of firearms for lawful sporting purposes. Thus, for example, a friend visiting you may borrow a firearm from you to go hunting. Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent. See 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5).

Last edited:

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Then antique ones can come to Maryland no problem. The other long arms can't be transferred from one state resident (in this case a NJ resident) to another (in this case a MD resident) without involving an FFL (per federal law)... in this case a C&R FFL here in MD is fine to receive them.

I'll be honest, I almost hate responding to this as whenever we get into discussions of the law in these posts, there inevitably seems to be disagreements.

Well you're correct entirely, so don't worry about arguments.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Trapdoor?

The nicely blued one or the beautifully rusted one?

Never mind. The blued one is an 1881/1884 (blurred pic) Model. Stamped on the door by the hinge.

Good eyes. Yes that what I see as well. If it model 1884, is what they call a low hump. The cut on the under side of the trapdoor is not cut as deep, it's supposed to be a little stronger. The cut on the 1873 model, is a lot deeper.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Then antique ones can come to Maryland no problem. The other long arms can't be transferred from one state resident (in this case a NJ resident) to another (in this case a MD resident) without involving a FFL (per federal law)... in this case a C&R FFL here in MD is fine to receive them.

An except below if you want the ATF clarification...

https://www.atf.gov/file/61721/download

2. May I lawfully transfer a firearm to a friend who resides in a different State?

Under Federal law, an unlicensed individual is prohibited from transferring a firearm to an individual who does not reside in the State where the transferee resides. Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of State, the firearm must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) within the recipient’s State of residence. He or she may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check. More information can be obtained on the ATF website at www.atf.gov and http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html. The GCA provides an exception from this prohibition for temporary loans or rentals of firearms for lawful sporting purposes. Thus, for example, a friend visiting you may borrow a firearm from you to go hunting. Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent. See 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5).

Thanks for the info guys.

INMY01TA, follow CasualObserver's post and you'll be ok, otherwise you could wind up on the wrong side of the legal fence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom