• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Had a great time at the Barnes range today. The kid was shooting his CZ Scout at about 10 yds. He had a good group going and one of the RSOs complimented him about it and offered a steel plate if he could do it at 100 yds. I shot about 50 rds. with my SKS at 25 yds. We only spent an hour there, but what a great time it was. Saw a few ARs and one guy had a nice HBAR, which gave me some ideas, but I could get another SKS for much less. Get a AGC membership if you like to shoot. It is a great place to shoot and you will never go back to those indoor ranges at the local gun shop after shooting outside. No comparison!

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Glad to hear it. Barring the occasional problem, I find the AGC to be the best in Maryland.

Be careful about letting the kid shoot at a steel plate. Once he does, he will never want to go back to paper.

Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    I'm glad you had a great time. The AGC has made some great strides to become the preeminent range in the mid-Atlantic. We are fixing the ranges up, focusing our staff on customer service, and we will be bringing more fun ways to shoot. We still hope to bring 5-Stand and Action Pistol and Action Shotgun events in small stages. After we get the other 200 yard berm done it would be easy to build at least 6 action shooting bays for all of the big games. It's an exciting time to be part of the AGC.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I'm glad you had a great time. The AGC has made some great strides to become the preeminent range in the mid-Atlantic. We are fixing the ranges up, focusing our staff on customer service, and we will be bringing more fun ways to shoot. We still hope to bring 5-Stand and Action Pistol and Action Shotgun events in small stages. After we get the other 200 yard berm done it would be easy to build at least 6 action shooting bays for all of the big games. It's an exciting time to be part of the AGC.

Wow, AGC might have some action shooting bays! That is great news. I thought they were content being a sight in range. Any idea on a time frame for these upgrades?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    To quote RSO Alex....

"Going to range is like a mini vacation. I want to make sure everyone enjoys themselves"

Totally 100% agree, and my kids get that same special treatment.

They love going just as much as I do. And last time out, got my daughter to try one of my ARs. She said it was..... interesting.

Winebike

May 11, 2009
    It's great AGC is becoming more customer focused. The current survey requesting ideas from the members on how to improve AGC is a step in the right direction. If they followup and implement many of the ideas submitted, it will really take AGC to a higher level of quality and services. I can't wait to see all the new improvements they make.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    To quote RSO Alex....

"Going to range is like a mini vacation. I want to make sure everyone enjoys themselves"

Totally 100% agree, and my kids get that same special treatment.

They love going just as much as I do. And last time out, got my daughter to try one of my ARs. She said it was..... interesting.

:thumbsup:

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I should get out next week to sight in hunting rifle/slug gun. Need to qualify for MD State certification, my usual managed hunt qualification. Haven't been selected for years. Otherwise I may go to WV to hunt.

silasvirus82

Dam Builder
    Dec 4, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have recently moved to the area and need to find somewhere to shoot. I'd love to join the Stoney Creek Gun Club, but they require a sponsor and I obviously do not know anybody. Is there any membership based clubs around that offers similar facilities with open membership?

I'm looking for something with a min of 200-300 yard range, skeet/sporting clays would be nice, and most importantly good people.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have recently moved to the area and need to find somewhere to shoot. I'd love to join the Stoney Creek Gun Club, but they require a sponsor and I obviously do not know anybody. Is there any membership based clubs around that offers similar facilities with open membership?

I'm looking for something with a min of 200-300 yard range, skeet/sporting clays would be nice, and most importantly good people.

silasvirus
    There is a sticky at the top of this section that has range information here is a link to that same information:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38816

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've been a member since 2002 and we all have been witnessing some very nice changes in attitude, construction of needed buildings/facilities, hiring of qualified staff (much of the AGC operation is done by unpaid volunteers), and a more liberal approach being taken to satisfy members who want a wider variety of shooting programs.

I've seen a huge increase in the number of women, children and minorities who participate in the shooting sports at AGC. It is the premier shooting venue in Maryland and we all need to pitch in and do our part to insure that AGC continues to improve and thrive in this antigun environment that we encounter in Maryland.

I am 75, have been involved in the shooting sports and competitive shooting for over 63 years, and I can assure you that without dedicated, persistent hard core individuals, places like AGC would not survive.

We need your financial and moral support and your ideas and your able bodies, too, in order to insure that AGC continues to thrive and continue forever.

Please come out and do your part and lend a hand to Bryant, Paul, Gary, Mike and John and the dedicated range officers and staff who keep the doors open for all of us.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-'84)
    Korea, Vietnam I, Vietnam II, Germany
    Maryland Rifle Club
    Marriottsville Muzzle Loaders

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC