• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Dec 31, 2012
    I hate to post any "what if" stuff - and this is not over - but if it were, the worst thing that people could do is give up and just go back to bitching about Maryland and it's laws, etc. The best possible outcome for us would be to follow through hard and heavy in 2014 by getting those who vote "yea" removed from office.

The Democrats (on a national level) suffered huge losses in the 94 midterms after passing the assault weapons ban. That's exactly what will need to happen here if we have any hope of showing the legislators that we can put our money where our mouths are.

That being said, it's nowhere close to over and posting on here about losing is a horrible idea - this site isn't for members only and this post isn't in the water cooler.

and THIS
    :thumbsup:

Don't forget to register as a democrat because payback is a bitch.
    search for the DINO threads

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I don't think anyone really thought that they wouldn't pass more restrictive gun laws and MOM would get his baby passed.

What is important is that the Legislature know that this time we are watching, are more active than in the past and have a plan to take them out in 2014. This may cause some to think twice but not enough to kill the bill. We need to stay engaged through the next election cycle.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Do it again. And Again, and Again, and Bring a friend.

We haven't lost yet. But I think they are seeing our weaning energy. It's time to show them we still have FULL Power.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I think this thread is a reaction to what was forwarded to us from a Delegate on our side. Unless I read it wrong, we lost in every area. There was no water down. There was not the slightest impact, nadda, nothing.

I phoned. I emailed. I faxed. I went to a demonstration.

So, now what? We had pretend success. Are we going to have pretend vote them out? Even non gun folks can't stop an abusive gas tax. You can't stop anything in this state.

For the folks that are still down there, like Patrick, can they refute what we read. It looks like Nancy Jacobs had it right all along. And, that was over a week ago.

No quitting. Its been almost 2 months since this was heard in the senate and it still hasnt been voted on in the house. every one of o'malley's pet bills has passed in under 2 weeks. this hasnt passed because of us. keep up the pressure and hold the line! they are looking for an out, don't give it to them.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    In other words, don't be surprised to see O'Malley pull a Glendenning and resort to blackmailing fence sitters...

They met with the Dem caucus last night and they were told how they will be voting. They were told that everything needs to be back on the table.

Hit them hard with $ issues and veteran issues. If you are a member of a union, please step up and make phone calls and visits. Make sure they know all of your veteran and union friends will vote 2a before vet/union issues.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Y'all, MOM is throwing a temper tantrum. The truth is we ARE being effective or else this would have already passed committee and been on MOM's desk. This change may in fact be good for us. If they are back to the drawing board and everything is back on the table, then they just lost a few votes and will need to start looking at amendments all over again. Powers that be say they don't expect a committee vote prior to next week due to the Easter holiday. Any delay helps us.
    A key point came up, if you are a Union member, TELL THEM! Let them know your next vote will be based on 2A, not union, apparently this scares some of them to death. Same goes for veterans, tell them every time you are a vet and swore to uphold the entire Bill of Rights.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    What Del McDermott describes is what's being discussed in Committee. He has passed on this intel for a reason.

It has not come out of committee.

It has not been voted on in the house.

Now is not the time for your tears.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    What Del McDermott describes is what's being discussed in Committee. He has passed on this intel for a reason.

It has not come out of committee.

It has not been voted on in the house.

Now is not the time for your tears.

I am betting he released it to get people fired up.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    I completely disagree. O'Malley thought this would be an easy walk through the General Assembly. Then our million emails showed up, our 4K on Senate Gun Day, our 1300+ testifying to the House until 4 AM, our countless phone calls/faxs/visits, and so on. It made an impact. A big one.

The GA Members don't like this. They've never seen anything like the united front of freedom lovers that we represent this year. 2014 is right around the corner - for them. MOM is off worrying about being POTUS. They're stuck here.

There is no way they would be passing this off to the Handgun Roster Board if they could have passed SB 281 straight through in a format that MOM liked.

They're trying to have it both ways, and that is a huge measure of our success.

Our job today and this week, is to let them know that we understand this slight of hand, and won't fall for it. We're too smart for that.

Like everyone one else, I am trying to see some light in all this. I read that there were many amendments that would change the scope of this bill. And, all that is happening is that they made it more onerous and easier for them. So, where was the impact? How was this successful in any way. They no doubt had the Roster Board idea in their pocket all along.

Every piece of this bill is going through, and worse.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Met with multiple delegates today, along with a out 20 fellow MDS'rs. Threat is real. Hit them hard. Show up.

Watch the WC tonight. New mission discussed with friendlies. We have a new method :)

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013

I am betting he released it to get people fired up.

I am not trying to monopolize this thread, but I do understand the King's English. If he wanted a 1000 folks to show up, then he should have asked for them.

His email was demoralizing.

GoBang

Feb 21, 2013
    Frederick County
    Forget the nay say, there have been many of battles won from the trenches, when spirits and ammo ran low, continue to fight until there is no more fight.

Last edited:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I hate to post any "what if" stuff - and this is not over - but if it were, the worst thing that people could do is give up and just go back to bitching about Maryland and it's laws, etc. The best possible outcome for us would be to follow through hard and heavy in 2014 by getting those who vote "yea" removed from office.

The Democrats (on a national level) suffered huge losses in the 94 midterms after passing the assault weapons ban. That's exactly what will need to happen here if we have any hope of showing the legislators that we can put our money where our mouths are.

That being said, it's nowhere close to over and posting on here about losing is a horrible idea - this site isn't for members only and this post isn't in the water cooler.

Here's the bottom line.

Significant "Resistance" is something that has never happened before in Md.

And lets be honest.....even 1300 people in a state with a population of of almost 6 million is severely lacking.

Gun Grabbing Dems are betting that they can pass this legislation without any negative consequences from Md voters.......and they are probably right.

A couple seats may turn but at the end of the day the house and senate will continue to be a dark blue legislature firmly under the control of liberal democrats.

They're trying to pass this bill because they think they can do it with no ill consequences......I guess we'll see whether or not they piss off enough people to make a difference in 2014

In the meantime y'all better be prepared for a court challenge and be ready to make plans to either move your guns (and possibly yourself too) to a reasonably free state or face registration.

Hope for the best.....but be prepared for the worst

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    There is a scene early on in the Iliad in which the Agamemnon assembles the Achaeans (okay, the Greeks) and says it’s time to give up and go home. He thinks this will fire up the Greeks and they will promise to fight harder.

What happens is that all the Greeks quickly decide giving up and going home is a darn good idea. (This being the tenth year before sheer walled Ilion. (Okay, Troy.)

Luckily, Odysseus (Ulysses, happy?) stems the panic and allows the war to grind on consuming more human lives.

So, there is a classical precedent for all this.

Last edited:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I am not trying to monopolize this thread, but I do understand the King's English. If he wanted a 1000 folks to show up, then he should have asked for them.

His email was demoralizing.

There is a school of thought that if you tell someone something like that, it will make them angry and want to do something.

That said, the psychology of Maryland gun owners does not make them ideal candidates for this.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    So, some of the amendments we heard about were actually BS.
    The Senate bill is passed with only a slight twist.

All the effort, all the pain for nothing, absolutely nothing.
    There was not even the slightest impact in softening this thing at all.

No wonder the MSP have slowed down processing.
    Now it will stop.

This is a gut punch.

WRONG!!!! This isn't for nothing. I guess you think all the civil rights fights in the country worked the first time they tried to fight them??? No they didn't. We have to keep it up. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. IF you don't think your rights are worth fighting for then stop, but don't complain afterward. I am and have fought and even if they pass this bill I will hold my head high as a citizen because I know I did all that was in MY power to fight a bad piece of legislation. Everyone has to choose for themselves. Me, I'm in it to win it, and for the long haul. No matter how long it takes, no matter how many trips I have to make to Annapolis. I WILL BE HEARD. Remember it's WE THE PEOPLE dammit!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom