• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have an expense check I got back Friday, so it was burning a hole in my pocket. I decided to hit up Quantico Tactical after work and see if they could order a Springfield Armory TRP Operator long slide in 10mm. Low and behold, they have one sitting on the shelf. I hadn't deposited the check yet, but I said I'd be back. It was still there this afternoon, so I pulled my bank card out and purchased it today. This is the one I was looking for, I already have a 5" barreled Dan Wesson Silverback, so I have a standard size 10mm in the fold. After filling out the paperwork and paying the guy, I walked out with my third Springfield Armory product :party29: I'm going to the range after work on Monday to test it out and see how it goes. I'm going to be picking up more 10mm magazines, since I only have 10 of them now for two pistols. I'm a little disappointed in the packaging, my SA Range Officer came in a hard case with three magazines, a holster, and two magazine holders. The TRP Operator came with a soft case and two magazines. I'll try to post pictures after I run some rounds through her.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Love me some 10mm! It's an awesome round and a long slide version must be equally awesome. A local gun store has a long slide 10mm from Rock Island I'd like but I just can't see paying over $1100 for a Rock Island pistol.

Looking forward to a range report (and pics) from your new Springfield.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I don't understand... you didn't say how long it took you to get your HQL, nor anything about the 7 day wait.... o right, you are in free America.

congrats on the new SA.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks to the Nazis who run my apartment complex, shooting my new TRP has been postponed until Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to move out of here.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I hit the range on the way home yesterday. Sharpshooters in Lorton, VA, stocks Armscor 10mm FMJs, so I got a box and proceeded to get a lane. Of course a pleasant time at the range with my new SA wasn't possible. The guy next to me had an AR with a brake, and the blast from his shooting literally made the box of ammunition I had jump, so I waited until he stopped shooting to start my shooting. 1150 fps with 180gr FMJ, according to Midway. I had one failure to fully feed. The round felt like it wasn't fully crimped, so I loaded it again and it worked. Recoil was the same as 45 ACP ball ammunition. Accuracy was very good when I could shoot without getting blasted by the guy in the next lane. I need to pick up a couple more boxes of Sig JHP ammunition to test feeding. So far I'm pretty happy with this new purchase.

Attachments

• trp-operator-1.jpg
      trp-operator-1.jpg
      152.3 KB · Views: 187
    • trp-operator-2.jpg
      trp-operator-2.jpg
      149.1 KB · Views: 179

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nice pistol, jimbobborg. Springfield builds a good 1911. I like the full railed frames, been poking around for one, not too serious since everyone wants insame $$$$ for them.
    You said the recoil was about like a 45 ACP. That would be in a 5" gun?

Reading this thread has me looking forward to completing my 10mm. Pistol is a Kimber 9mm ramped upper on a Foster (Caspian) lower. I already have a 38 Super barrel fitted to it.
    I have just finished fitting a Kart 40 S&W barrel to it. I just need to ream the chamber to set the headspace for the 10mm. Bullets, powder, primers, and cases are ready to go. I need a
    box or two of factory stuff to get a base line.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Nice pistol, jimbobborg. Springfield builds a good 1911. I like the full railed frames, been poking around for one, not too serious since everyone wants insame $$$$ for them.
    You said the recoil was about like a 45 ACP. That would be in a 5" gun?

Yes, the last pistol I shot before the TRP was my SA Range Office in .45 ACP. I haven't tried any nuclear rounds in it, yet.

$1540 OTD. Fortunately for me, I picked up this and an M1A from Quantico Tactical before they went to the Springfield Armory LEO/First Responder program only :rolleyes: I think they're going to lose some business doing this, since they have the best local prices on SA and Sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom