Indoor ranges that allow "regular" wolf/tula etc?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Apparently on target does, but that's handguns only. Got my new vepr looking to get it zeroed and massacre some paper, but looks like all the usual suspects, machine gun nest, freestate, msar it's a no no. I probably should have done more looking first since both wolf and tula and their "range safe" non magnetic stuff these days, but oops. Will I just have to buy different ammo or wait to be able to piggyback as a guest to AGC?

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Regular wolf and tula is steel core I think though isnt it? Or at least the bimetal jacket? I know it won't pass the magnet test some ranges use.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    None of the steel cased guys stuff is steel core ammo AFAIK. Steel core is some of the surplus ammo (whatever that 5.45 loading is), M855 (only steel tip though) and armor piercing. Everything else that is magnetic is only a bimetal jacket.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    I know it's not actually steel core, but ranges can apparently be picky if it attracts a magnet at all. I just have a couple boxes of plain ol' tula I was hoping to go shoot somewhere. Machine gun nest sounds like theyd allow it, I guess I'll have to call msar to see if theyd allow it. You'd figure if they allow you to shoot .50 BMG some tula wouldn't ruin too much!

None of the steel cased guys stuff is steel core ammo AFAIK. Steel core is some of the surplus ammo (whatever that 5.45 loading is), M855 (only steel tip though) and armor piercing. Everything else that is magnetic is only a bimetal jacket.

I have a bunch of the Norinco "yellow box" 7.62x39 and it is absolutely steel core.
    It was imported extensively until the early 1990's.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Are there any of the big outdoor ranges that have regular public open days? I'm not a member of any gun club, just enjoy shooting every now and then. Otherwise, seems like indoor is the only option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom