• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Grabbed an Army marked Beretta 1923 in an online auction recently. Always wanted one and they're hard to find. Beretta built only 3,000 for the Italian Army and a total of around 10,000. It's chambered for the 9mm Glisenti round, about as stout a round as you could get into this design. The grandfather of the models 1934 and 1935, kinda like the Grandpa Namub is to the T14.
    It's not in fantastic condition but then I paid very little for it so it's a good place marker until a better example comes along.

Attachments

• IMGP8550.JPG
      IMGP8550.JPG
      64 KB · Views: 381
    • IMGP8551.JPG
      IMGP8551.JPG
      74.1 KB · Views: 349
    • IMGP8552.JPG
      IMGP8552.JPG
      90.8 KB · Views: 346
    • IMGP8554.JPG
      IMGP8554.JPG
      92.2 KB · Views: 347
    • IMGP8549.JPG
      IMGP8549.JPG
      67.6 KB · Views: 331
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mawkie, that's in very good condition for what it is, plus it looks all original and unmolested.
    nice holster too!
    And for the price... well, it was kind of a good deal IMHO :)

I bet Mark C. would suck it up in a heart-beat... his is not near as nice (although it has the stock lug).
    http://www.p38guns.com/306746.html

Curious as to which is harder to find, with or without the stock slot/lug?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Mawkie, that's in very good condition for what it is, plus it looks all original and unmolested.
    nice holster too!
    And for the price... well, it was kind of a good deal IMHO :)

I bet Mark C. would suck it up in a heart-beat... his is not near as nice (although it has the stock lug).
    http://www.p38guns.com/306746.html

Curious as to which is harder to find, with or without the stock slot/lug?

That stock lug on his makes a HUGE difference. Only 300 or so with the lug. I think he managed to snag a holster/stock too. Super unobtanium. This one I might handload for since the Glisenti 1910 I have is too fragile in my eyes.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    And I would gladly trade this and cash for the 1903 Pocket Hammerless that I let get away (taxes and insurance payments put a limit on my fun money this month).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Awesome! I have yet to find a nice Beretta for my collection. Isn’t the 9mm Glisenti basically just a 9mm Luger cartridge loaded to less pressure?

Yup. Dimensionally the same (not a great idea) but loaded to a much lower pressure. Easy to hand-load for.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Here's the neat-o shoulder holster/stock assembly. These sell for $2500-3000 when they come to market. 2-3 times what the pistol is worth.

Attachments

• 32007468lh.jpg
      32007468lh.jpg
      23.7 KB · Views: 175
    Jul 1, 2012
    That's a pretty slick ... well, whatever you'd call it (holster stock with the thingy that folds up?).
    Doesn't look terribly sturdy or useful though, wonder what the point was on a pistol and round like this.
    Probably why there weren't many made :)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There were two on the European market lately, didn't follow up to see if they sold and what for. Doubt for anything under $2k.
    Yeah, it's not a terribly sturdy looking design. The folding arm is clever if not strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom