• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hazmatman

Jul 14, 2014
    https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ban-state-firearms/maryland-legal-firearms.html

The Firearms Act of 2013 states a “Regulated firearm” includes the "AK–47 in all forms".

Now somehow we can get AK-based pistols, but how can we get the Polish Tantal, Romanian AIMS, or Arsenal SLR106-21?

I see that they refer to the muzzle device on these rifles as a "muzzle brake" not a flash suppressor. And they are not manufactured by Kalashnikov (which avoids the OFAC importation ban) but is this as simple as the AK-74 (5.45x39) is not considered that same as the AK47 (7.62x39) based solely on caliber chambered, and therefore the non-Kalashnikov/Izhmash AK74 is legal in MD?

MSP agrees with the caliber-based definition of the "AK47 in all forms"?

This would mean the entire Arsenal SLR-104 and 106 lines, heck any AK-based rifle that is not in 7.62x39 and lacks the "evil components" detailed in the FA2013 would technically be legal in MD? :)

Sorry if this is a well-established & socialized fact. I have not bought any AK-type rifles in MD for a few years.

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    Well the easiest thing to do is visit a Maryland gun store and see what they have to buy. If it's for sale to a MD resident then you are good to go with a MD legal firearm.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    I will state we are not lawyers and not able to provide legal advice .From what we are taking from the MD regs as long as it is not a AK47 in 762 x39 or has the offending features it would be legal.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Low post count with a legitimate question :tinfoil:. I'm taking these questions and thinking we are growing with new members and shooters.:party29:
    Sometimes not everything is a trap. :tinfoil:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    How about deleting this pointless public thread? The OP's choice of words is interesting, but beating a dead horse into dust. The issue was resolved years ago by MSP and MD FFL dealers.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Fellow new member here. The MSP website list is not up to date and certainly not exhaustive, so the easiest way is to call your FFL and ask if what you are interested is OK with them for a a transfer or sale. It's indeed frustrating there does not exist a list of legal guns in MD, so you can narrow down your list from the get go.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It is not possible to list every single gun. Maryland does that for pistols (Handgun Roster) and its a disaster. MSP website does not even go through the regulatory comment process like the roster does, and the appeals process is vague to non-existent. There have been rifles on the website listed as banned, then taken off because their info was incorrect (going off internet stuff not using actual samples to determine interchangeability). Making it worse, the scary black rifle list passed as part of FSA 2013 was itself pretty vague and silly. Some dealers and manufacturers will not sell to MD because of the vagueness.

Find FFL, ask them. That is the best approach.

hazmatman

Jul 14, 2014
    Thank you...

...to Atlantic Arms and others for the replies & clarifications. I fully comprehend it is the end user responsibility to ensure compliance with all firearms laws. :thumbsup:

For those obsessed with post count, thank you also for your warm embrace. My apologies I cannot spend as much waking time pouring over Maryland firearms laws, or on these forums. But its nice to know this is such a welcoming place, and I am glad I have spent so much of my life serving my community, state, and nation, and doing my small part to help to ensure your safety & freedom. :thumbsup:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    ...to Atlantic Arms and others for the replies & clarifications. I fully comprehend it is the end user responsibility to ensure compliance with all firearms laws. :thumbsup:

For those obsessed with post count, thank you also for your warm embrace. My apologies I cannot spend as much waking time pouring over Maryland firearms laws, or on these forums. But its nice to know this is such a welcoming place, and I am glad I have spent so much of my life serving my community, state, and nation, and doing my small part to help to ensure your safety & freedom. :thumbsup:

Col. Kurtz (and I) approve of your introduction post (from 2015).

Low post count is much more of a flag when the poster only joined in the last few days.

Welcome (agaain)!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom