• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten that Trump is ABSOLUTELY an authoritarian with crystal clear inclinations towards dictator-like qualities. Trump is not a friend to gun rights or even Republicans in general. Trump is only a friend to Trump.

The instant his approval ratings drop into the dumps (and they assuredly will drop. It's gonna be YUGE how far they drop. People tell me it's going to be such a big drop) he will start to try and flex his muscles. And when that happens.... well, let's just say we're all going to wish we still had Obama.

Said no one in his right mind EVER.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten that Trump is ABSOLUTELY an authoritarian with crystal clear inclinations towards dictator-like qualities. Trump is not a friend to gun rights or even Republicans in general. Trump is only a friend to Trump.

The instant his approval ratings drop into the dumps (and they assuredly will drop. It's gonna be YUGE how far they drop. People tell me it's going to be such a big drop) he will start to try and flex his muscles. And when that happens.... well, let's just say we're all going to wish we still had Obama.

strongly disagree with you!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Nonconcur with Unprintable Comments. :tdown:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The two times the Federal Gov't has so far enacted limited Reciprosity, they have set standards.

Check out HR 923, Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015

Paraphrased:
    1) A state-issued CCW permit allows you to carry concealed in any state, besides your state of residence, a non-MG/DD that has been transported in interstate commerce.
    2) An individual with a state-issued identification card (aka, driver's license) from a constitutional carry state may carry a concealed firearm (non-DD/MG, from interstate commerce) in the other 49 states.
    3) You must obey local laws while carrying
    4) Permits recognized under this statute are to be treated as an unrestricted license by the local authorities.

This doesn't solve our problems of how to carry in MD, but it lets the 49 other states' residents carry in MD, and if you get a non-MD permit, you can carry in the 49 states. Even NYC can't stop you, as you must be treated as an unrestricted permit.

119 cosponsors.

HR 986, Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015 is slightly different, as it does not include the constitutional carry language, but it includes
    1) You may not be arrested if you are abiding the law, and any permit presented is presumed to be valid (no BS about taking you to the station to check the permit)
    2) the prosecutor must prove that you violated this law, attorneys fees are to be awarded if this law is used in affirmative defense at trial
    3) you are able to sue any person, state or political subdivision for deprivation of rights, receiving damages and attorney's fees (if you get the ride to the station, you're getting $$$ from the officer or his department)

216 cosponsors in the House.

Neither bill meddles in issuing policy, qualifications, etc, it's all left to the states.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    exactly. reciprocity by itself doesn't help us. making the GA sit up and take notice when out of staters start might help.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    exactly. reciprocity by itself doesn't help us. making the GA sit up and take notice when out of staters start might help.

That what I think it's going to take, at least we will have another reason to give them hell when the out of staters start carrying here and we still can't. Might be a quick fix, I know it will make Frosh shit little fuzzy bunnies.:lol2:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

While slower, I think a Supreme Court decision in Peruta would be better for the long-term than a federal law. If Congress mandated shall-issue, it could be reversed by a change in administrations in 4-8 years. SC decisions take multiple decades to reverse, if ever.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

Whaaaaa???????

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

We need a Wall

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    My opinion is that The states should control this, The President and US Congress should not.
    Too many people argue how a presidential election would decide issues that should and are in the hands of the state.

I agree. What would have if left to the federal government is that it would change every 8 years. Heard years ago that the NRA wasn't for it either

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I'll believe it when it happens.
    Republican presidents tend to suck on gun issues.

As much as everyone bitches about Clinton, the God-forsaken AWB has expired (and GW Bush wanted to extend it but congress shot down the idea).

Reagan signed the '86 act. Now a $20 DIAS costs about $25,000 because of his signature.

And don't whine about the Hughes Amendement in the House. The damn bill passed the Republican-controlled Senate and was signed into law by a Republican president who had no problem banning new machine guns. You already know the infamous Reagan Quote: "There's no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons." He later supported the Brady Bill, loudly.

GWH Bush ordered a ban on semi-auto imports.

Nixon said on the record that if he had his way he'd ban handguns and would even license hunting rifles.

So we are supposed to believe Trump will be different?

Like I said, I'll believe it when it happens.

And if I'm wrong I'll be happy as a pig in $hit to admit it.

How I'd LOVE a repeal of the MG ban, and man do I want a CCW without having to move to the other side of the Potomac River.

I'm not trying to troll fellas, and I usually stay away from controversial subjects like politics, religion, and the abomination that goes by the name of the Designated Hitter (what's up with that, American League?).

But I am saying, if history is any guide, don't get your hopes up.

Put pressure on him, sure, but don't get your hopes up.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my Brother Marines!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    For any nay-sayers, google LEOSA. Federal law enacted in 2004.

If it's good enough to get police the right to carry in the 50 states, it's good enough for everyone else.

Do you want every person in the USA to forego their 2A rights?

Sorry but your post shows that you need to educate yourself on the requirements imposed on the LEO via LEOSA.

Yearly qualification (full "day and night LEO range course") is but ONE of the requirements of the national carry.

Please know more about something before asking for it.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'll believe it when it happens.
    Republican presidents tend to suck on gun issues.

As much as everyone bitches about Clinton, the God-forsaken AWB has expired (and GW Bush wanted to extend it but congress shot down the idea).

Reagan signed the '86 act. Now a $20 DIAS costs about $25,000 because of his signature.

And don't whine about the Hughes Amendement in the House. The damn bill passed the Republican-controlled Senate and was signed into law by a Republican president who had no problem banning new machine guns. You already know the infamous Reagan Quote: "There's no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons." He later supported the Brady Bill, loudly.

GWH Bush ordered a ban on semi-auto imports.

Nixon said on the record that if he had his way he'd ban handguns and would even license hunting rifles.

So we are supposed to believe Trump will be different?

Like I said, I'll believe it when it happens.

And if I'm wrong I'll be happy as a pig in $hit to admit it.

How I'd LOVE a repeal of the MG ban, and man do I want a CCW without having to move to the other side of the Potomac River.

I'm not trying to troll fellas, and I usually stay away from controversial subjects like politics, religion, and the abomination that goes by the name of the Designated Hitter (what's up with that, American League?).

But I am saying, if history is any guide, don't get your hopes up.

Put pressure on him, sure, but don't get your hopes up.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my Brother Marines!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Going by your logic... Bill Clinton was innocent of any wrongful act with Monica Lewenski. No Democrat POTUS before him was ever known to stick cigars in his interns vagina and get a bj in the Oval Office. So he couldn't possibly have done so either.

Three facts are against your skepticism.

• Trump was/is adamant about is strong support of the 2A
    • Trumps family is a very strong influence in his choices and they are most definitely pro 2A
    • Vice POTUS Pence was grilled by the best AntiGun MSM when he was Governor of Indiana. The more they grilled him, the stronger he became in his resolve to stand up for the 2A.

So I think there is less than sufficient reasons to believe that POTUS Trump will fold on the 2A.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, I'm still semi-skeptical of how Trump will actually govern. But as much if a flakey wild card he might be, he won't be anywhere near as bad as Obama has been, or Hillary would have been.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Do you want every person in the USA to forego their 2A rights?

Sorry but your post shows that you need to educate yourself on the requirements imposed on the LEO via LEOSA.

Yearly qualification (full "day and night LEO range course") is but ONE of the requirements of the national carry.

Please know more about something before asking for it.

Oh, I know. You make a great suggestion to follow yourself.

Training may be standardized to be able to carry in all 50 states. Expecting some sort of background check is within reason also.

We all need to work together to keep the bar low, if those requirements get baked in to get some bedwetting democrats on board.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Trump can't, but the Republican led Congress can pass a bill and put it on his desk to sign. Presidents (except Obama) don't make laws, they sign them.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I think National Reciprocity could easily happen. That doesn't automatically let us carry in MD. But once the control of permit issuance is out of the MSP's hands, since they'll have to allow non-residents to carry here, they'll be such enormous pressure on them to allow residents to have permits as well, that I can see shall issue happening. It will be an interesting show for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom