• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mstalcup

May 20, 2014
    St. Marys County
    i am considering a trade of my S&W SW9VE for a remington 710 chambered in 270. I have read that this riffle is an absolute piece of shit. Do any of you here own one or have any experience with one and what are your thought?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Love my Savage 110 in 308. Came with a Nikon 3X9 scope. I think a 700 would fine as well. I would not get a 710.

Attachments

• DSC_0084.jpg
      DSC_0084.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 512
    • DSC_0086.jpg
      DSC_0086.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 509
    • DSC_0087.jpg
      DSC_0087.jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 503

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The Remington 710 is the predecessor of the 770. Neither is a great rifle. I had a passable/decent 770 for a short while. I have read nothing but negatives about the 710.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Don't know why otherwise good companies dilute their brand by building junk. Save some cash, and get something better when you've got a few more bucks to work with. Or get a used rifle. But not a 710.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Ive never been a big Remington fan but i do own a few, with that said its going to be a hard sell on some of the stuff they are making now. I shot a 770 the other day and the bolt sucks, im sure the 710 is the same. the 770 Has a sweet spot to pull the bolt back, if you dont get that spot, it feels like you are dragging the rifle with the bolt.. I would suggest you get a older 700 BDL or ADL. However if you want a savage i have seen a few at the pawn by me in glenburnie (A&D pawn), they wanted 299.99 each for savage 30-06 with scopes. I just recently bought a Rem 700 ADL from them for a very good price. they are good guys.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I bought one when I was younger as my first rifle because I was kinda poor and on active duty. I got tired of the cheap plastic stock real quick and eventually the bolt handle completely fell off. It was ok for the price and it was sorta fun to shoot, just didnt last long at all. I would kind of consider it a disposable rife. I went out and got a 700 and I love it.

I have the broken 710 still and the bolt with no handle if anyone wants to trade anything for it. :lol2:

mstalcup

May 20, 2014
    St. Marys County
    meet the guy with the 243 at clarks brothers in warrenton va yesterday and traded my sw9ve for his savage 110 in 243. what a sweet gun. cant wait to explode some groundhogs! i must say it is sooooooooooooooo much easier to deal with va than md. all i had to do was transfer the pistol to the gun shop then they transfered it to him and he walked out with it 5 minutes latter. man i wish i could talk the wife into moving out there! the staff at clarks brothers are awesome. very knowlegeable guys and very friendly. unlike the majority of the staff at a particular guns store in lexigtion park ( except for joe, he is a good guy and knows his shit )

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I bought one when I was younger as my first rifle because I was kinda poor and on active duty. I got tired of the cheap plastic stock real quick and eventually the bolt handle completely fell off. It was ok for the price and it was sorta fun to shoot, just didnt last long at all. I would kind of consider it a disposable rife. I went out and got a 700 and I love it.

I have the broken 710 still and the bolt with no handle if anyone wants to trade anything for it. :lol2:

Reminds me of my first rifle. Remington 700 I bought it in 93 and its been my favorite rifle. Still shoots great:D

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    So funny to see this post today. Just yesterday I dug mine out of the closet and was thinking about dropping it off at a police station or something. I still havent even made an effort to even look into fixing it. Any tips on how to get rid of mine minus the bolt (lost it) without any liability?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    So funny to see this post today. Just yesterday I dug mine out of the closet and was thinking about dropping it off at a police station or something. I still havent even made an effort to even look into fixing it. Any tips on how to get rid of mine minus the bolt (lost it) without any liability?

Wait for a buyback.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Just take a chop saw to it and cut it up in little pieces. Might work well for fishing weights. I bought a Llama 1911 just as I turned 21(poor active duty), the gun was so bad I feared pulling the trigger. The slide stop ripped the slide metal like tin foil. That thing got tossed overboard in the Gulf of Mexico so no one would ever be hurt by it.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Call or write Remington, and ask them if they'll send a paid shipping label and if they'll fix their Edsel.

All they can do, is say, "No."

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom